ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Holiday carry over
-
Mallij
- Posts: 1
- Joined: 31 May 2017, 16:47
- Gender: Male
Holiday carry over
Hi,
Do RM allow us to carry over any unused holiday to the new holiday year?
Thanks
Do RM allow us to carry over any unused holiday to the new holiday year?
Thanks
-
rehabron
- Posts: 1372
- Joined: 01 Jul 2012, 18:43
- Gender: Male
Holiday carry over
Under the Way Forward Agreement you can carry over a total of 5 days into the following financial yearMallij wrote:Hi,
Do RM allow us to carry over any unused holiday to the new holiday year?
Thanks
There are exceptional circumstances to this to be mutually agreed with your manager if operational needs have not allowed you to take your holiday leave entitlement.
-
Celgar
- Posts: 2795
- Joined: 01 Nov 2017, 17:11
- Gender: Male
Holiday carry over
Yes.
The views I express here are mine alone and do not represent the views of Royal Mail Group.
-
number one
- Posts: 1324
- Joined: 19 Aug 2009, 21:20
- Gender: Male
Holiday carry over
Yes. Some will say 4-7 days maximum but I know people who have carried 3 weeks over
-
DGH
- Posts: 710
- Joined: 13 Dec 2014, 18:04
- Gender: Male
- Location: Neither here nor there
Holiday carry over
Operational needs cannot justify RM denying you holiday to which you are contractually entitled within a given leave year. By mutual agreement, leave may be carried over but RM may allocate you outstanding leave or you may insist on it being allocated in the current year.rehabron wrote:if operational needs have not allowed you to take your holiday leave entitlement.
-
frankieboy
- Posts: 303
- Joined: 12 May 2008, 18:34
Holiday carry over
I've carried 5 days over for the last 4 years, getting beyond a joke now that I'm not allowed to take it. Managed to get 1 week that I wanted for 1st 4 weeks, last 2 weeks being picked on seniority(complete joke)
-
Creditshampoo
- Posts: 1189
- Joined: 06 Oct 2014, 19:48
- Gender: Male
Holiday carry over
Seniority isn’t allowed in annual leave allocation and you don’t have to carry over if you don’t want tofrankieboy wrote:I've carried 5 days over for the last 4 years, getting beyond a joke now that I'm not allowed to take it. Managed to get 1 week that I wanted for 1st 4 weeks, last 2 weeks being picked on seniority(complete joke)
-
frankieboy
- Posts: 303
- Joined: 12 May 2008, 18:34
Holiday carry over
Beg to differ, union rep coming round with a list of employees running from top to bottom in years of service, even after 12 years of service I'm way down the list and left with the dregs that the management say are left.Creditshampoo wrote:Seniority isn’t allowed in annual leave allocation and you don’t have to carry over if you don’t want tofrankieboy wrote:I've carried 5 days over for the last 4 years, getting beyond a joke now that I'm not allowed to take it. Managed to get 1 week that I wanted for 1st 4 weeks, last 2 weeks being picked on seniority(complete joke)
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72733
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Holiday carry over
Once again I rely on the oracle https://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communi ... 15&t=40008" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
fishtank wrote:Both the Way Forward;Seniority..http://www.cwu-e4.co.uk/files/wf-seniority.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
And the Way Forward;Annual Leave Allocation...https://cwue5.org/2016/09/10/way-forwar ... ment-2001/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
State that seniority should NOT be used for allocating annual leave.
To be honest i'm surprised so many offices have got away with it for so long.
That said neither is a first come,first served system fair and i wouldn't be having that either so use the disagreement process by all means but don't cite seniority because that won't cut it.
fishtank wrote:The Way Forward Seniority states...
Note also that seniority will not be used for leave selection (except possibly to allocate employees
into rotating groups) once local leave selection processes have been reviewed. This will be
necessary to conform with the criteria set out in the agreement on Annual Leave: “all employees will be included on an equal basis”
The Way Forward Annual Leave states...
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
Creditshampoo
- Posts: 1189
- Joined: 06 Oct 2014, 19:48
- Gender: Male
Holiday carry over
Your union rep is patheticfrankieboy wrote:Beg to differ, union rep coming round with a list of employees running from top to bottom in years of service, even after 12 years of service I'm way down the list and left with the dregs that the management say are left.Creditshampoo wrote:Seniority isn’t allowed in annual leave allocation and you don’t have to carry over if you don’t want tofrankieboy wrote:I've carried 5 days over for the last 4 years, getting beyond a joke now that I'm not allowed to take it. Managed to get 1 week that I wanted for 1st 4 weeks, last 2 weeks being picked on seniority(complete joke)
-
St1983
- Posts: 21
- Joined: 19 Mar 2017, 21:12
- Gender: Female
Holiday carry over
Can I ask where you get all this information from on annual leave allocation/ way forward agreement? We're not told any of this at work and I only know from this forum. Is it actually on the Royal Mail website? Thanks
-
Creditshampoo
- Posts: 1189
- Joined: 06 Oct 2014, 19:48
- Gender: Male
Holiday carry over
The agreement is literally a few posts aboveSt1983 wrote:Can I ask where you get all this information from on annual leave allocation/ way forward agreement? We're not told any of this at work and I only know from this forum. Is it actually on the Royal Mail website? Thanks
-
Lou_352
- Posts: 2
- Joined: 07 Dec 2017, 21:06
- Gender: Female
Holiday carry over
I asked my manager today if I could carry over 5 days to next leave year, he said that was ok but that there was no guarantee that I would get using them and was up to me if wanted to do that and take risk. What happens if I can't get using them do I just lose them?
Also, if you have the leave and there are free weeks is there any restriction on number of weeks leave in year i.e if I had 25 days, can I take 5 weeks off throughout year?
Also, if you have the leave and there are free weeks is there any restriction on number of weeks leave in year i.e if I had 25 days, can I take 5 weeks off throughout year?
-
aiden01
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 7001
- Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
- Gender: Male
Holiday carry over
If you have the leave and some weeks are free nothing stopping you booking them.Lou_352 wrote:I asked my manager today if I could carry over 5 days to next leave year, he said that was ok but that there was no guarantee that I would get using them and was up to me if wanted to do that and take risk. What happens if I can't get using them do I just lose them?
Also, if you have the leave and there are free weeks is there any restriction on number of weeks leave in year i.e if I had 25 days, can I take 5 weeks off throughout year?