ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
prepping and delivery of D2D
-
Borderpost64
- Posts: 2
- Joined: 05 Jun 2010, 20:11
- Gender: Male
prepping and delivery of D2D
If someone had prepped all the D2D 's into there frame does the spare man have to deliver a 6th of them when he is covering his duty or is it only a guideline.
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72733
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
prepping and delivery of D2D
Technically it's both. Its a guideline in that the duty holder is allowed to plan the delivery of D2Ds to avoid cold calling, but all the D2Ds must be delivered. However, the agreement also says 16.6% must be delivered daily.Borderpost64 wrote:If someone had prepped all the D2D 's into the frame does the spare man have to deliver a 6th of them when he is covering his duty or is it only a guideline.
To be fair, the prep is the PITA part, if you didn't take at least 16.6%, or where you are going, I'd be kicking off.
Jusr to add some units have local agreements where specific addresses get D2Ds on specific days if you have that then that overrides everything.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
Celgar
- Posts: 2795
- Joined: 01 Nov 2017, 17:11
- Gender: Male
prepping and delivery of D2D
"Someone" should not have put all the D2D in the frame the day before if that same "someone" is not personally there to deliver them. In short that "someone" is taking the piss out of you and you should raise the issue with your DOM.
The official RM rule as I understand it is that whoever is on the walk that day throws up one sixth of the households, usually one vertical section, and delivers all of those D2D leaflets even if there are not any letters etc for those delivery points.
In our office we are largely left to our own devices so we all use our own methods to do them. The majority look to get them in the frame as soon as possible and look to deliver the majority by Wednesday when it gets busier. Personally I am to prep them all into the frame on Saturday after getting back from delivery then I deliver the majority of them on Monday. I hate the things and want them gone asap. This does mean the cover guy for my day off, which I rarely get nowadays given the shortages of staff, hardly ever has to deal with D2D on my delivery but still effectively gets paid for doing them. I never agreed with this so called 'fairness' policy of paying everyone for doing D2Ds even if they never have anything to do with them.
The official RM rule as I understand it is that whoever is on the walk that day throws up one sixth of the households, usually one vertical section, and delivers all of those D2D leaflets even if there are not any letters etc for those delivery points.
In our office we are largely left to our own devices so we all use our own methods to do them. The majority look to get them in the frame as soon as possible and look to deliver the majority by Wednesday when it gets busier. Personally I am to prep them all into the frame on Saturday after getting back from delivery then I deliver the majority of them on Monday. I hate the things and want them gone asap. This does mean the cover guy for my day off, which I rarely get nowadays given the shortages of staff, hardly ever has to deal with D2D on my delivery but still effectively gets paid for doing them. I never agreed with this so called 'fairness' policy of paying everyone for doing D2Ds even if they never have anything to do with them.
The views I express here are mine alone and do not represent the views of Royal Mail Group.
-
jd9442
- Posts: 218
- Joined: 22 Apr 2017, 20:57
- Gender: Male
prepping and delivery of D2D
You rarely get a day off because of the shortage of staff? Lol. Sue them mate.Celgar wrote:"Someone" should not have put all the D2D in the frame the day before if that same "someone" is not personally there to deliver them. In short that "someone" is taking the piss out of you and you should raise the issue with your DOM.
The official RM rule as I understand it is that whoever is on the walk that day throws up one sixth of the households, usually one vertical section, and delivers all of those D2D leaflets even if there are not any letters etc for those delivery points.
In our office we are largely left to our own devices so we all use our own methods to do them. The majority look to get them in the frame as soon as possible and look to deliver the majority by Wednesday when it gets busier. Personally I am to prep them all into the frame on Saturday after getting back from delivery then I deliver the majority of them on Monday. I hate the things and want them gone asap. This does mean the cover guy for my day off, which I rarely get nowadays given the shortages of staff, hardly ever has to deal with D2D on my delivery but still effectively gets paid for doing them. I never agreed with this so called 'fairness' policy of paying everyone for doing D2Ds even if they never have anything to do with them.
I’m sure the cover guy still does door to doors throughout the week too
-
weary_posty
- Posts: 225
- Joined: 01 Jul 2011, 15:08
- Gender: Male
prepping and delivery of D2D
Nobody gets paid specifically to deliver D2D. It is considered live mail with a delivery span of 7 days.
I always prep all (as much as I can daily on busier periods) of my D2D for the start of the week. As said above, the prep is the pain in the ass and by taking where you're going doesn't affect your call rate.
I always prep all (as much as I can daily on busier periods) of my D2D for the start of the week. As said above, the prep is the pain in the ass and by taking where you're going doesn't affect your call rate.
-
Strong bull
- Posts: 120
- Joined: 17 May 2012, 10:34
- Gender: Male
prepping and delivery of D2D
Celgar wrote:"Someone" should not have put all the D2D in the frame the day before if that same "someone" is not personally there to deliver them. In short that "someone" is taking the piss out of you and you should raise the issue with your DOM.
The official RM rule as I understand it is that whoever is on the walk that day throws up one sixth of the households, usually one vertical section, and delivers all of those D2D leaflets even if there are not any letters etc for those delivery points.
In our office we are largely left to our own devices so we all use our own methods to do them. The majority look to get them in the frame as soon as possible and look to deliver the majority by Wednesday when it gets busier. Personally I am to prep them all into the frame on Saturday after getting back from delivery then I deliver the majority of them on Monday. I hate the things and want them gone asap. This does mean the cover guy for my day off, which I rarely get nowadays given the shortages of staff, hardly ever has to deal with D2D on my delivery but still effectively gets paid for doing them. I never agreed with this so called 'fairness' policy of paying everyone for doing D2Ds even if they never have anything to do with them.
I wonder if your short of staff because you prep d2d for the week on sat ( presume in your own time ) and you work your days off
-
Creditshampoo
- Posts: 1189
- Joined: 06 Oct 2014, 19:48
- Gender: Male
prepping and delivery of D2D
BingoStrong bull wrote:Celgar wrote:"Someone" should not have put all the D2D in the frame the day before if that same "someone" is not personally there to deliver them. In short that "someone" is taking the piss out of you and you should raise the issue with your DOM.
The official RM rule as I understand it is that whoever is on the walk that day throws up one sixth of the households, usually one vertical section, and delivers all of those D2D leaflets even if there are not any letters etc for those delivery points.
In our office we are largely left to our own devices so we all use our own methods to do them. The majority look to get them in the frame as soon as possible and look to deliver the majority by Wednesday when it gets busier. Personally I am to prep them all into the frame on Saturday after getting back from delivery then I deliver the majority of them on Monday. I hate the things and want them gone asap. This does mean the cover guy for my day off, which I rarely get nowadays given the shortages of staff, hardly ever has to deal with D2D on my delivery but still effectively gets paid for doing them. I never agreed with this so called 'fairness' policy of paying everyone for doing D2Ds even if they never have anything to do with them.
I wonder if your short of staff because you prep d2d for the week on sat ( presume in your own time ) and you work your days off
-
eastie
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 2234
- Joined: 16 Jun 2011, 15:32
- Gender: Male
prepping and delivery of D2D
D2D's in your own time
YOU HAVING A LAUGH ????
YOU HAVING A LAUGH ????
-
CPTNemoUK
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 707
- Joined: 03 Oct 2013, 10:13
- Gender: Male
prepping and delivery of D2D
I would love to know who arranges the D2D. Because I have a garage door one next week, But my walk is a council estate with not a single garage on it 
Edit: I have also the same d2d that I had last week as well
Edit: I have also the same d2d that I had last week as well
-
Dorset Plodder
- Posts: 4351
- Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
- Gender: Male
prepping and delivery of D2D
Several valid points made. If they're in the frame I'd basically take them where I was going. I agree it's a bit of a shites trick to throw them all off if you know the Reserve's on there the next day, do they think you're going to take them all to where you're going?Borderpost64 wrote:If someone had prepped all the D2D 's into there frame does the spare man have to deliver a 6th of them when he is covering his duty or is it only a guideline.
We've recently had a colleague who decided to throw their Teddy in the Corner,because of changes to start times. They said in future they'd be throwing their Households off every morning "in Royal Mail's Time". Which IMO is great!
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
-
Celgar
- Posts: 2795
- Joined: 01 Nov 2017, 17:11
- Gender: Male
prepping and delivery of D2D
I have been working my days off on overtime to help out. It suits me to do so for several reasons. A lot of DOs are short-staffed due to incompetence in the RM HR department, an unwillingness or inability of posties to transfer due to more lack of staff, and an apparent reluctance of people in the UK to leave the benefit system and get a job.jd9442 wrote:You rarely get a day off because of the shortage of staff? Lol. Sue them mate.Celgar wrote:"Someone" should not have put all the D2D in the frame the day before if that same "someone" is not personally there to deliver them. In short that "someone" is taking the piss out of you and you should raise the issue with your DOM.
The official RM rule as I understand it is that whoever is on the walk that day throws up one sixth of the households, usually one vertical section, and delivers all of those D2D leaflets even if there are not any letters etc for those delivery points.
In our office we are largely left to our own devices so we all use our own methods to do them. The majority look to get them in the frame as soon as possible and look to deliver the majority by Wednesday when it gets busier. Personally I am to prep them all into the frame on Saturday after getting back from delivery then I deliver the majority of them on Monday. I hate the things and want them gone asap. This does mean the cover guy for my day off, which I rarely get nowadays given the shortages of staff, hardly ever has to deal with D2D on my delivery but still effectively gets paid for doing them. I never agreed with this so called 'fairness' policy of paying everyone for doing D2Ds even if they never have anything to do with them.
I’m sure the cover guy still does door to doors throughout the week too
Regarding the cover guy following guidelines they would throw up and deliver a third each day but they don't necessarily have to do so.
The views I express here are mine alone and do not represent the views of Royal Mail Group.
-
yellowbelly
- Posts: 3727
- Joined: 23 Jun 2015, 15:51
- Gender: Male
prepping and delivery of D2D
So if you go sick for a Monday what then? You've effectively become that 'someone' you refer to. Also if you've thrown them in on a Saturday isn't whatCelgar wrote:"Someone" should not have put all the D2D in the frame the day before if that same "someone" is not personally there to deliver them. In short that "someone" is taking the piss out of you and you should raise the issue with your DOM............................
I am to prep them all into the frame on Saturday after getting back from delivery then I deliver the majority of them on Monday. I hate the things and want them gone asap. This does mean the cover guy for my day off, which I rarely get nowadays given the shortages of staff, hardly ever has to deal with D2D on my delivery
you've effectively done is misuse the daily D2D prep time for normal mail prep thereby making it appear that there is more time for lapsing
or other management demands or not making up hours for P/T'ers or employing more staff to rectify the staff shortages you also refer to?
-
Strong bull
- Posts: 120
- Joined: 17 May 2012, 10:34
- Gender: Male
prepping and delivery of D2D
And don't forget when your on holiday or ill the poor person covering your round will get the well such and such can do the duty so why can't you?yellowbelly wrote:So if you go sick for a Monday what then? You've effectively become that 'someone' you refer to. Also if you've thrown them in on a Saturday isn't whatCelgar wrote:"Someone" should not have put all the D2D in the frame the day before if that same "someone" is not personally there to deliver them. In short that "someone" is taking the piss out of you and you should raise the issue with your DOM............................
I am to prep them all into the frame on Saturday after getting back from delivery then I deliver the majority of them on Monday. I hate the things and want them gone asap. This does mean the cover guy for my day off, which I rarely get nowadays given the shortages of staff, hardly ever has to deal with D2D on my delivery
you've effectively done is misuse the daily D2D prep time for normal mail prep thereby making it appear that there is more time for lapsing
or other management demands or not making up hours for P/T'ers or employing more staff to rectify the staff shortages you also refer to?
-
Strong bull
- Posts: 120
- Joined: 17 May 2012, 10:34
- Gender: Male
prepping and delivery of D2D
Also every time you "help out" by working your day off all is well in ivory towers so no p/t will be made up and no new staff will be taken on.Remember this when you want a sat off in 6 months time but you can't as your depot is understaffed.Strong bull wrote:And don't forget when your on holiday or ill the poor person covering your round will get the well such and such can do the duty so why can't you?yellowbelly wrote:So if you go sick for a Monday what then? You've effectively become that 'someone' you refer to. Also if you've thrown them in on a Saturday isn't whatCelgar wrote:"Someone" should not have put all the D2D in the frame the day before if that same "someone" is not personally there to deliver them. In short that "someone" is taking the piss out of you and you should raise the issue with your DOM............................
I am to prep them all into the frame on Saturday after getting back from delivery then I deliver the majority of them on Monday. I hate the things and want them gone asap. This does mean the cover guy for my day off, which I rarely get nowadays given the shortages of staff, hardly ever has to deal with D2D on my delivery
you've effectively done is misuse the daily D2D prep time for normal mail prep thereby making it appear that there is more time for lapsing
or other management demands or not making up hours for P/T'ers or employing more staff to rectify the staff shortages you also refer to?
-
WOBBLY
- Posts: 362
- Joined: 27 Apr 2012, 13:19
- Gender: Male
prepping and delivery of D2D
I prep my 6th of door to doors every morning in RM time as they should be. The day off cover does his/her 6th on my day off. No-one is doing any work for free nor is anyone doing extra work they shouldn't be doing. IT REALLY IS THAT SIMPLE :)