ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Justsayit

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
foxyjarvis
Posts: 51
Joined: 21 Mar 2011, 22:53
Gender: Male

Justsayit

Post by foxyjarvis »

I had a personal matter over Xmas that was handled in a wilful and vindictive manner by my manager and line manager. I wrote to Moya Greene, it's been nearly 2 weeks and I haven't even had an acknowledgement. Was I wasting my time, and what should I do next?
worktotime
Posts: 2866
Joined: 14 May 2010, 20:47
Gender: Male

Justsayit

Post by worktotime »

foxyjarvis wrote:I had a personal matter over Xmas that was handled in a wilful and vindictive manner by my manager and line manager. I wrote to Moya Greene, it's been nearly 2 weeks and I haven't even had an acknowledgement. Was I wasting my time, and what should I do next?
send another asking is this how these things are dealt with within the company ? , by not replying and allowing these people to do what they want ? . stick at it and don't give up until you get summat back . good luck.
Lincox
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 3485
Joined: 09 Jan 2008, 18:07
Gender: Male

Justsayit

Post by Lincox »

Has she returned from her xmas break in Canada. May have been snowed in.
rogersh
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 1374
Joined: 26 Oct 2011, 11:31
Gender: Male

Justsayit

Post by rogersh »

worktotime wrote:
foxyjarvis wrote:I had a personal matter over Xmas that was handled in a wilful and vindictive manner by my manager and line manager. I wrote to Moya Greene, it's been nearly 2 weeks and I haven't even had an acknowledgement. Was I wasting my time, and what should I do next?
send another asking is this how these things are dealt with within the company ? , by not replying and allowing these people to do what they want ? . stick at it and don't give up until you get summat back . good luck.
I agree that you send your original email & add that you understand the delay is probably due to the Xmas period.
You will most likely receive a response by a channel manager, On behalf of Moya, giving assurance the matter is being investigated. My experience was that the complaint is then passed on to your manager, or above, to deal with !
rubberbond
Posts: 1497
Joined: 24 Aug 2014, 16:03
Gender: Male

Justsayit

Post by rubberbond »

Lincox wrote:Has she returned from her xmas break in Canada. May have been snowed in.
If you think she ever sees sight of these matters,then regrettably you are going to be sorely disillusioned.
Lincox
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 3485
Joined: 09 Jan 2008, 18:07
Gender: Male

Justsayit

Post by Lincox »

I don't think that I stated anywhere that she does personally attend to emails. I was merely making a remark that should such a serious email arrive that might need her intervention, would she in fact be there to provide her undoubted knowledge and experience. :d'oh!
redneck
Posts: 788
Joined: 04 Jan 2010, 20:28
Gender: Male

Justsayit

Post by redneck »

Have you tried the grievance process? That is supposed to cover this sort of personal matter, as well as many other work-related matters. It does not always work as you would like however, but it may help if another issue along similar lines occurs.
rubberbond
Posts: 1497
Joined: 24 Aug 2014, 16:03
Gender: Male

Justsayit

Post by rubberbond »

Lincox wrote:I don't think that I stated anywhere that she does personally attend to emails. I was merely making a remark that should such a serious email arrive that might need her intervention, would she in fact be there to provide her undoubted knowledge and experience. :d'oh!
I have no doubt that your issue is serious , but as one of the other correspondents on this thread has pointed out it will in all likelihood be passed back to your area for them to deal with, I know, I've been there. I can, as far as I am able to, guarantee you she will not see your email, that's why she has a team of people who deal with these matters.
holly123
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 220
Joined: 24 Jan 2012, 12:45
Gender: Male

Justsayit

Post by holly123 »

All they do is have a guy called Steven who phones your manager about the issue bring raised then sends you an email to say your manager will talk to you about it, load of b....cks but does take a few weeks to reply
Lounge Lizard
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 9458
Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54

Justsayit

Post by Lounge Lizard »

rogersh wrote:
worktotime wrote:
foxyjarvis wrote:I had a personal matter over Xmas that was handled in a wilful and vindictive manner by my manager and line manager. I wrote to Moya Greene, it's been nearly 2 weeks and I haven't even had an acknowledgement. Was I wasting my time, and what should I do next?
send another asking is this how these things are dealt with within the company ? , by not replying and allowing these people to do what they want ? . stick at it and don't give up until you get summat back . good luck.
I agree that you send your original email & add that you understand the delay is probably due to the Xmas period.
You will most likely receive a response by a channel manager, On behalf of Moya, giving assurance the matter is being investigated. My experience was that the complaint is then passed on to your manager, or above, to deal with !
Roger,
"understand the delay is probably due to the Xmas period" has got f**k all to do with it. :arrrghhh
Either they deal with such matters in a proper and timely manner or they don't.
"On behalf of Moya" means by some dogsbody in the so called "Executive Resolution Team" at 100 Victoria Embankment, EC4Y 0HQ. :roll:
Don't hold your breath. :cuppa
Last edited by Lounge Lizard on 10 Jan 2018, 17:02, edited 1 time in total.
foxyjarvis
Posts: 51
Joined: 21 Mar 2011, 22:53
Gender: Male

Justsayit

Post by foxyjarvis »

Thank you for your replies. I will give it 2 more weeks. I will be pursuing the matter with rigour, there seems to be a sweat shop mentality pervading through the company, with penny pinching and pettiness to the fore.
Jpro747
Posts: 1342
Joined: 23 Dec 2012, 10:22
Gender: Male

Justsayit

Post by Jpro747 »

Check your junk folder! :wink: