Hi all,
I'm a p/t 20 hrs and in the run up to xmas i was put on a 3 day week instead of 4 (without any explanation from the dom) On my last day last week (Friday) i was not on the roster for this week (to complicate it more although I'm attached to the office with this dom I'm not a regular and get sent to different offices if they're at capacity) Anyway I've had him ringing me at half 7 this am to ask if I'm on my way in. I say no as i wasnt aware that i was either back to a 4 day week or that i was meant to be in that office today. I couldn't drop everything and go in as i have the kids (childcare was in place but as i wasn't down to work they've made other plans)
Sorry if i rambled but am i in the wrong or is he? Does he have grounds for disciplinary? We really don't get on and often end up butting heads.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Advice needed. Possible disciplinary?
-
Cwtchy bear
- Posts: 17
- Joined: 17 Dec 2017, 21:06
- Gender: Male
-
Creditshampoo
- Posts: 1189
- Joined: 06 Oct 2014, 19:48
- Gender: Male
Advice needed. Possible disciplinary?
Complicated but if they don’t tell you how are you supposed to be aware.
I was put on a duty for the whole of Christmas and thg includes this week was nice to have a rotating day off for the first time ever
I was put on a duty for the whole of Christmas and thg includes this week was nice to have a rotating day off for the first time ever
-
rehabron
- Posts: 1372
- Joined: 01 Jul 2012, 18:43
- Gender: Male
Advice needed. Possible disciplinary?
If you checked the roster for this week and you were clearly not listed at your originating office then there is no problem as you would have to attend there before any decision was to be taken before transferring to another office. Best to phone office concerning what arrangements have been made for you before they implement deduction of wages. On your posting they would have insufficient grounds for a disciplinary.Cwtchy bear wrote:Hi all,
I'm a p/t 20 hrs and in the run up to xmas i was put on a 3 day week instead of 4 (without any explanation from the dom) On my last day last week (Friday) i was not on the roster for this week (to complicate it more although I'm attached to the office with this dom I'm not a regular and get sent to different offices if they're at capacity) Anyway I've had him ringing me at half 7 this am to ask if I'm on my way in. I say no as i wasnt aware that i was either back to a 4 day week or that i was meant to be in that office today. I couldn't drop everything and go in as i have the kids (childcare was in place but as i wasn't down to work they've made other plans)
Sorry if i rambled but am i in the wrong or is he? Does he have grounds for disciplinary? We really don't get on and often end up butting heads.
-
Cwtchy bear
- Posts: 17
- Joined: 17 Dec 2017, 21:06
- Gender: Male
Advice needed. Possible disciplinary?
Many thanks