ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Overtime
-
sixfoottwo
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 569
- Joined: 11 May 2017, 15:15
- Gender: Male
Overtime
Inform him/her that you are struggling today and won't be able to complete, await the look of
then get asked what's the problem
then politely say it's a tad busier than normal... await response, If you get told to take it all out ring them an our from finish time to say where your at.
The end.
The end.
-
Navalron
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1044
- Joined: 12 Aug 2017, 10:40
- Gender: Male
- Location: Glasgow
Overtime
I know I am out of the job now but I cannot believe some of the comments on here. We always knew what other offices were doing and backed each other. Now it seems half of you don't even know the pay rates and allowances. I feel like coming back into the job and becoming a rep because it is getting beyond a joke. Stand firm together and you will not be beaten. The job has changed but now their just taking the piss.
-
Postie45
- Posts: 2160
- Joined: 21 Aug 2012, 23:05
- Gender: Male
Overtime
if you want to be polite "sorry, i only wish to work my hours, i have other commitments outside of work"zz666 wrote:I dont want to work past my time on delivery. What is the best way to tell a manager you want to work to your time?
-
worktotime
- Posts: 2866
- Joined: 14 May 2010, 20:47
- Gender: Male
Overtime
just tell him/her that your working up to your time so what would you like me to do , no doubt they will go through the dims work book , WHY ? MAILS DOWN ? ITS NOT BUSY ? THERES NOT A LOT OF PARCELS ? ITS THAT TIME OF THE YEAR ? FLEXIBILITY ? and so the s**t goes on
, then ask is o/t compulsory now ? o/t is voluntary so its finish time and home 
-
yellowbelly
- Posts: 3727
- Joined: 23 Jun 2015, 15:51
- Gender: Male
Overtime
It's just a turn of phrase but personally I wouldn't use the words 'I am struggling today' - this implies you might be at fault in some waysixfoottwo wrote:Inform him/her that you are struggling today and won't be able to complete, await the look ofthen get asked what's the problem
then politely say it's a tad busier than normal... await response, If you get told to take it all out ring them an our from finish time to say where your at.
The end.
rather than the office being under resourced to complete the task.
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72733
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Overtime
The manager denies telling you to stream.terry2972 wrote:Someone mentioned that you could be conducted for streaming if ordered to do so by a manager I don’t see how you could be anyone can explain to me how you would be?
Always make sure its written down in the log as per the "Overrunning Procedure"
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.