ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Special leave?

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
19times
Posts: 339
Joined: 11 Aug 2011, 13:36
Gender: Female

Special leave?

Post by 19times »

Hi lads n lassies

Please can someone tell me If you are entitled to one days payed leave If your Mrs is rushed in to hospital? Sure I read it somewhere.

I may have to be off tomorrow due to a issue and got a feeling the dom will try to screw us over.

Thanks.
Celgar
Posts: 2795
Joined: 01 Nov 2017, 17:11
Gender: Male

Special leave?

Post by Celgar »

I don't know about 'entitled' as such but I think any reasonable manager would give you a day off to enable you to take your wife to hospital. Worse case scenario it would be marked down as a sick day for you personally. Certainly postmen in our office have had time off when close relatives have been I'll.
The views I express here are mine alone and do not represent the views of Royal Mail Group.
deltaforce
Posts: 778
Joined: 01 Jan 2009, 15:29
Gender: Male

Special leave?

Post by deltaforce »

Or you can take it in lieu of annual leave or Make the hours up by rest day working.
rehabron
Posts: 1372
Joined: 01 Jul 2012, 18:43
Gender: Male

Special leave?

Post by rehabron »

19times wrote:Hi lads n lassies

Please can someone tell me If you are entitled to one days payed leave If your Mrs is rushed in to hospital? Sure I read it somewhere.

I may have to be off tomorrow due to a issue and got a feeling the dom will try to screw us over.

Thanks.
" Other Time Off" would be classed as " DOMESTIC DISTRESS" and by all accounts should be PAID leave.