ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

TALKS.

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
worktotime
Posts: 2866
Joined: 14 May 2010, 20:47
Gender: Male

TALKS.

Post by worktotime »

I'm guessing with nothing being mentioned or any updates there has been no agreement in these 4 weeks of talks with a mediator involved and has been a total waste of time and was a royal mail ploy to get through till new year , imo I cant see another 2 weeks cooling off period making any difference either but could be wrong , but I will stick and support the cwu on anything , but r/m have played there get out of jail card as we all know how busy it is now and any I/a would have cripple them , anyway I'm glad the shareholders and top table have made a s**t load of money with dividends. :thumbup
TheTrolleyMan
Posts: 776
Joined: 13 Mar 2017, 15:39
Gender: Male

TALKS.

Post by TheTrolleyMan »

But surely we all work weekends ? Your not telling me that the talks are only Monday - Friday !
Glenno
Posts: 1491
Joined: 05 Jun 2007, 13:12

TALKS.

Post by Glenno »

:oops: :oops:
Last edited by Glenno on 19 Nov 2017, 15:57, edited 1 time in total.
wheresourmoney
Posts: 170
Joined: 27 Jan 2011, 14:50
Gender: Male

TALKS.

Post by wheresourmoney »

Glenno wrote:https://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communi ... hp?f=62&t= for the latest update :wave :wave
Clicking on link only to be told that topic doesn't exist.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72733
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

TALKS.

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

wheresourmoney wrote:
Glenno wrote:https://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communi ... hp?f=62&t= for the latest update :wave :wave
Clicking on link only to be told that topic doesn't exist.
https://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communi ... 62&t=82893" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
red666bear
Posts: 104
Joined: 19 Dec 2009, 22:54
Gender: Male

TALKS.

Post by red666bear »

worktotime wrote:I'm guessing with nothing being mentioned or any updates there has been no agreement in these 4 weeks of talks with a mediator involved and has been a total waste of time and was a royal mail ploy to get through till new year , imo I cant see another 2 weeks cooling off period making any difference either but could be wrong , but I will stick and support the cwu on anything , but r/m have played there get out of jail card as we all know how busy it is now and any I/a would have cripple them , anyway I'm glad the shareholders and top table have made a s**t load of money with dividends. :thumbup
We as workers were given 11% in total so we are also shareholders. Does anyone else think we should of donated them to the cwu to put in 1 large pot and they could of continually bought other shares and eventually in years to come of become a major shareholder. You know like that guy from Arsenal who tried to get to 51%? You get the idea.
Lincox
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 3485
Joined: 09 Jan 2008, 18:07
Gender: Male

TALKS.

Post by Lincox »

Dont think the union would get much support from the Labour Party or the TUC if they started dabbling in shares. It would be interesting to know whether their constitution allows such investments.
k979aaa
Posts: 12578
Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
Gender: Male
Location: THE NORTH

TALKS.

Post by k979aaa »

11% of f**k all is little in a lifetime of work a pension is where the focus should be for the workers and even then the terms of working!