ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Delivery points added

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
19times
Posts: 339
Joined: 11 Aug 2011, 13:36
Gender: Female

Delivery points added

Post by 19times »

Thoughts please lads/lasses

Two offices have been demolished - so that was 2 delivery points only to be replaced by 110 Houses/apartments and I'm expected to do them :roll:

I get done on time every day but that was before, gaffer expects us to still get round ok :roll:

Thoughts?
Creditshampoo
Posts: 1189
Joined: 06 Oct 2014, 19:48
Gender: Male

Delivery points added

Post by Creditshampoo »

Cut off every single day.
Postie45
Posts: 2160
Joined: 21 Aug 2012, 23:05
Gender: Male

Delivery points added

Post by Postie45 »

What kind of time had you been finishing before?
If you were always close to finish time then just follow cut off procedure when they give you this extra work. Don't forget to take your breaks.
You're only paid to a certain time, no one can force you to do overtime.
sixfoottwo
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 569
Joined: 11 May 2017, 15:15
Gender: Male

Delivery points added

Post by sixfoottwo »

Cutt off
WOBBLY
Posts: 362
Joined: 27 Apr 2012, 13:19
Gender: Male

Delivery points added

Post by WOBBLY »

I have the same issue, in the region of 70 houses by the time they're finished. I refuse to work over, make sure I take my break and cut off! Can't remember the last time I lapsed either :chuckle :Very Happy
19times
Posts: 339
Joined: 11 Aug 2011, 13:36
Gender: Female

Delivery points added

Post by 19times »

Thanks all.

It just annoying trying to explain why I can't make 120 go into 2 :roll:

I can manage at the moment as it is still being built and I only deliver to the site offices but come a month or two's time I'll have no chance :sad:

The road isn't even on my frame either (new road) but I did use to do the office next to it so cop for all the extra!

Planners need to come back...
19times
Posts: 339
Joined: 11 Aug 2011, 13:36
Gender: Female

Delivery points added

Post by 19times »

Does this Overrunning procedure still apply? bit old??

https://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communi ... 36&t=18563" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Destiny
Posts: 200
Joined: 29 Dec 2010, 10:18
Gender: Male
Location: North

Delivery points added

Post by Destiny »

So indoor is also increased, sounds like you need to leave one of your original loops :wink:
loverman shabba
Posts: 238
Joined: 11 Jul 2013, 15:15
Gender: Male

Delivery points added

Post by loverman shabba »

it will only happen if you let it. plus the new residents are most likely to get s**t loads of parcels for a while
eastie
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 2234
Joined: 16 Jun 2011, 15:32
Gender: Male

Delivery points added

Post by eastie »

Cant see the problem , extra time to throw off the extra mail and cut off at finish time.
Not your problem its the DOM's (don't forget your paid meal relief as well)
WOBBLY
Posts: 362
Joined: 27 Apr 2012, 13:19
Gender: Male

Delivery points added

Post by WOBBLY »

19times wrote:Thanks all.

It just annoying trying to explain why I can't make 120 go into 2 :roll:

I can manage at the moment as it is still being built and I only deliver to the site offices but come a month or two's time I'll have no chance :sad:

The road isn't even on my frame either (new road) but I did use to do the office next to it so cop for all the extra!

Planners need to come back...
You don't have to explain anything. Just follow the overrun procedure and the DOM will soon do something about it :wink:
redneck
Posts: 788
Joined: 04 Jan 2010, 20:28
Gender: Male

Delivery points added

Post by redneck »

19times wrote:Does this Overrunning procedure still apply? bit old??

https://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communi ... 36&t=18563" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

This is the current model agreed (superceding the above) - Annex 1, in theory it will end initially with a 'bring back', but if you stick to the message day after day it will end with a 'leaving in' process more than likely.

http://glosamal.co.uk/Docs/CutOff%20Pro ... 0Aug15.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
User avatar
POSTMAN
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 32798
Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
Gender: Male

Delivery points added

Post by POSTMAN »

redneck wrote:
19times wrote:Does this Overrunning procedure still apply? bit old??

https://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communi ... 36&t=18563" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

This is the current model agreed (superceding the above) - Annex 1, in theory it will end initially with a 'bring back', but if you stick to the message day after day it will end with a 'leaving in' process more than likely.

http://glosamal.co.uk/Docs/CutOff%20Pro ... 0Aug15.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
They are all much the same, the one below is very recent and reiterates all the best bits, if it's something to stick under a screws nose use this one although each one is just as good but this one has a good date on it and is signed off by the relevant bigwigs...
https://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communi ... 36&t=82811" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
19times
Posts: 339
Joined: 11 Aug 2011, 13:36
Gender: Female

Delivery points added

Post by 19times »

loverman shabba wrote:it will only happen if you let it. plus the new residents are most likely to get s**t loads of parcels for a while
How can you not let it though? obviously once all the delivery point are live it will be a different story perhaps ie cutting off each day to prove the fact.

Union rep said don't turn work down just and just book the extra :crazy: and be careful what you wish for as they might get rid of the duty or words to that effect :shock:

Thanks all for the advice.
NewPostieUK
Posts: 2104
Joined: 06 Jan 2008, 21:38
Gender: Male
Location: SickAsAChipLand

Delivery points added

Post by NewPostieUK »

19times wrote:Thoughts please lads/lasses

Two offices have been demolished - so that was 2 delivery points only to be replaced by 110 Houses/apartments and I'm expected to do them :roll:

I get done on time every day but that was before, gaffer expects us to still get round ok :roll:

Thoughts?
Tell your manager you don't have time to do an extra 108 houses. Ask him why he thinks you could possibly do this extra work?

See rep, ask him to sort it out.

Cut off. That's the only way to get things sorted sometimes.

I had the same problem but it was just an extra 18 houses. Got some taken off a different part, a different town in fact, so less driving. Result!