ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
'yes we scan'
-
Hammer59
- Posts: 33
- Joined: 24 Mar 2011, 19:50
- Gender: Male
'yes we scan'
Has anybody had any success in trying to manually input a 2d bar-code? I've tried several times, putting in the spaces and dashes leaving them out. I have never succeeded .
-
yellowbelly
- Posts: 3727
- Joined: 23 Jun 2015, 15:51
- Gender: Male
'yes we scan'
Yes, but only in exceptional circumstances (takes too flipping long) and I've never put in the dashes or spaces.Hammer59 wrote:Has anybody had any success in trying to manually input a 2d bar-code? I've tried several times, putting in the spaces and dashes leaving them out. I have never succeeded .
-
PostmanTwat
- Posts: 9
- Joined: 09 Nov 2017, 20:07
- Gender: Male
'yes we scan'
Nope. I don't bother trying now. Tried a couple of times, with no success.
-
robbertwhitton
- Posts: 1132
- Joined: 30 Aug 2010, 19:06
- Gender: Male
'yes we scan'
No I simply dont have the time or incentive to do such a thing,I point I press I scan,it has two choices it scans or it doesn’t,these scanners aren’t the best despite all the hype,there too sensitive and have too much on them for what we want,they rarely take a signature,and I can’t be arsed to get into the why it will or won’t it’s not for me,
-
worktotime
- Posts: 2866
- Joined: 14 May 2010, 20:47
- Gender: Male
'yes we scan'
I'm the same if it doesn't scan then tough as I don't have time to stand and write them down or try to input in to pdas , if the company was that bothered about ever scan , why don't they put the same as the recorded and specials so if it doesn't scan just peel the sticker off ? its not rocket science 
-
blakeyboy
- Posts: 104
- Joined: 04 Aug 2013, 22:05
- Gender: Male
'yes we scan'
You don’t put the dashes In just type in the letters and numbers ignoring the dashes.
-
ripio
- Posts: 233
- Joined: 06 Sep 2008, 23:32
- Gender: Male
'yes we scan'
Yes, I've often manually entered the 2d code, just the numbers and letters, no spaces or dashes, always works for me.
-
korky
- Posts: 797
- Joined: 30 Dec 2007, 09:28
'yes we scan'
i didn't even have a pda today, none left!
-
Seymour Buts
- Posts: 1148
- Joined: 22 Jun 2017, 20:17
- Gender: Male
'yes we scan'
Works fine for me.
-
woody38
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 273
- Joined: 19 Apr 2016, 08:38
- Gender: Male
'yes we scan'
Take the battery out of the pda, but the battery in the charger take the pda homekorky wrote:i didn't even have a pda today, none left!
-
Angwyn
- Posts: 76
- Joined: 04 Sep 2015, 09:39
- Gender: Female
'yes we scan'
I've done it a few times, no spaces dashes etc works fine.
But if it won't scan then it's likely not to have scanned at the main distribution centre either so won't be included in your offices statistics
But if it won't scan then it's likely not to have scanned at the main distribution centre either so won't be included in your offices statistics
-
ted_e_bear
- Posts: 4110
- Joined: 03 Sep 2012, 19:37
- Gender: Male
'yes we scan'
Don't bother with spaces or dashes but just remember they don't use the letter O it's a zero.
-
redneck
- Posts: 788
- Joined: 04 Jan 2010, 20:28
- Gender: Male
'yes we scan'
Laughable piece of 'information' again from the company. On the ground as we know most managers are primarily focused on how much time you are claiming, not standards of our work, which is further added to if you scan every item. Then some Far Eastern item that will go through the letterbox comes with a signature required. Add a few more minutes. The printed rhetoric from these departments bears no similarity to the office rhetoric.
-
GT85
- Posts: 365
- Joined: 26 Nov 2013, 20:02
- Gender: Male
- Location: ASDO
'yes we scan'
If you manually input a Signed For 2d barcode it no longer requires a signature it's just delivered yes or no 
We're all here because we're not all there
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72733
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
'yes we scan'
GT85 wrote:If you manually input a Signed For 2d barcode it no longer requires a signature it's just delivered yes or no
Yes it has to be as the PDA won't bring up a signature screen. But you could use a EPod Card
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.