ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Break times

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Matt123
Posts: 45
Joined: 07 Nov 2017, 20:12
Gender: Male

Break times

Post by Matt123 »

Hi guys, I work 9 to 2 and was wondering if it is ok to take my half hour lunch break at the end of my shift or just work my lunch every day and claim?
South_London_Postie
Posts: 306
Joined: 18 Nov 2016, 19:58
Gender: Male

Break times

Post by South_London_Postie »

I am sure someone will be along to tell you the law states you must take your break somewhere in the middle of your shift and you won’t be covered for insurance if something happens and you haven’t taken it.

However I would speak it through with your DOM and do what is best for you.

Whatever you do make sure you either A- get paid for it or B- Take the break- uninterrupted.