ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Took My Meal Relief - Felt Strange
-
MissKazzyB
- Posts: 80
- Joined: 22 Mar 2017, 21:50
- Gender: Female
Took My Meal Relief - Felt Strange
So I posted a thread about taking your meal relief or not .....
From today I decided that I’m gonna take my meal relief every day as we are entitled to it so I done just that.
My hours are 9-2 so I took a half hour break from 11.30-12.00. Brought a coffee & ate my homemade sandwich outside a shop.
I felt really strange though, as if I was taking a break & wernt really allowed to lol
My intentions of taking a break now is that I recharge my batteries so to speak & then I’ll be fast & ready to finish the other half of my hours at a quick speed. Well that worked today but I couldn’t really tell wether it’s a good idea or not as I only had half a duty to do as had some of Saturdays work in it to do so I think tomorrow will be the real test.
For those that didn’t read my previous post..,,I never take my meal relief usually & just end up claiming for it.
From today I decided that I’m gonna take my meal relief every day as we are entitled to it so I done just that.
My hours are 9-2 so I took a half hour break from 11.30-12.00. Brought a coffee & ate my homemade sandwich outside a shop.
I felt really strange though, as if I was taking a break & wernt really allowed to lol
My intentions of taking a break now is that I recharge my batteries so to speak & then I’ll be fast & ready to finish the other half of my hours at a quick speed. Well that worked today but I couldn’t really tell wether it’s a good idea or not as I only had half a duty to do as had some of Saturdays work in it to do so I think tomorrow will be the real test.
For those that didn’t read my previous post..,,I never take my meal relief usually & just end up claiming for it.
-
mickeymacca
- Posts: 503
- Joined: 21 Jun 2012, 18:03
- Gender: Male
Took My Meal Relief - Felt Strange
good for you....what did you have, cheese and pickle??
'Libraries gave us power'
-
Wornoutpostie
- Posts: 100
- Joined: 10 Dec 2016, 17:36
- Gender: Male
Took My Meal Relief - Felt Strange
I always take my break... been doing it for years.
Use it or loose it....
Funny enough I didn't take my lapsing today either....
....... and I used the equipment provided, threw out my 1/6th “prepped and delivered”, and I didn’t come in early....
Never known anyone have the sack for doing the job correctly either......
Use it or loose it....
Funny enough I didn't take my lapsing today either....
....... and I used the equipment provided, threw out my 1/6th “prepped and delivered”, and I didn’t come in early....
Never known anyone have the sack for doing the job correctly either......
-
Dorset Plodder
- Posts: 4351
- Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
- Gender: Male
Took My Meal Relief - Felt Strange
Well done
TBH I normally only take 20 minutes of my Meal Relief out on Delivery, but I make sure I always claim the other 20mins. Haven't had a problem with that so far but I did make it clear that if they ever mess me about I will be sitting out there for the Full 40 mins. 
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
-
BarnsleyLackey
- Posts: 349
- Joined: 24 Aug 2011, 16:07
- Gender: Male
Took My Meal Relief - Felt Strange
Keep it up.
-
wannabeek
- Posts: 996
- Joined: 27 Apr 2011, 00:49
- Gender: Male
Took My Meal Relief - Felt Strange
I remember the first time I ever sat in a cafe, ordered a full English, then saw a manager walking past and cheerily raised a sausage to him.
It'll probably forever be in my top ten favourite memories of RM!
It'll probably forever be in my top ten favourite memories of RM!
-
TheTrolleyMan
- Posts: 776
- Joined: 13 Mar 2017, 15:39
- Gender: Male
Took My Meal Relief - Felt Strange
I always take my break but my partner carries on with some of his next loop , he often approaches me on my last loop ( I've got about 20 mins left ) to take some of the mail off me ! I tell him that it's my workload to do and he's only finished early because he's worked his meal relief . He then goes and sulks I the van for 20 mins ( I like to call it his M/R )
-
worktotime
- Posts: 2866
- Joined: 14 May 2010, 20:47
- Gender: Male
Took My Meal Relief - Felt Strange
well saidWornoutpostie wrote:I always take my break... been doing it for years.
Use it or loose it....
Funny enough I didn't take my lapsing today either....
....... and I used the equipment provided, threw out my 1/6th “prepped and delivered”, and I didn’t come in early....
Never known anyone have the sack for doing the job correctly either......
-
worktotime
- Posts: 2866
- Joined: 14 May 2010, 20:47
- Gender: Male
Took My Meal Relief - Felt Strange
I take my breaks everyday no matter who I work with , like it or lump it is my opinion , why would you not take a break 
-
TheTrolleyMan
- Posts: 776
- Joined: 13 Mar 2017, 15:39
- Gender: Male
Took My Meal Relief - Felt Strange
Anyone who won't take a meal relief must be an absolute mug !
-
Ozzvaldo
- Posts: 476
- Joined: 15 Jul 2012, 20:35
- Gender: Female
Took My Meal Relief - Felt Strange
We have a few peeps who regularly miss their break (and urge/coerce day off cover, A/L reserves etc into doing the same) in the hope of sneaking away early only to be sent out again with parcels or lapsing which sometimes takes them over their scheduled time without them still having had a break! The idiots are still in the asylum.
-
Postie45
- Posts: 2160
- Joined: 21 Aug 2012, 23:05
- Gender: Male
Took My Meal Relief - Felt Strange
I think they still do it is because most times they do get away early, id be surprised if anyone did this and got sent back out EVERYday
-
yubin282
- Posts: 993
- Joined: 25 Jul 2014, 19:18
- Gender: Male
Took My Meal Relief - Felt Strange
i used to deliver to the local wetherspoons occasionally stopped for breakfast if i got there before 12
-
DiamondSmiles
- Posts: 498
- Joined: 05 Feb 2009, 20:03
- Gender: Male
Took My Meal Relief - Felt Strange
Well done! If only everyone took their break. Would shock the managers that's for sure.
-
fishtank
- Posts: 19732
- Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
- Gender: Male
Took My Meal Relief - Felt Strange
There are only really two reasons for not taking your break.TheTrolleyMan wrote:Anyone who won't take a meal relief must be an absolute mug !
1) They would rather make that time at the end, while I'm not a fan I can see why they do it and since they seem to be getting away with it, it doesn't make them a mug.
2) They can't complete the duty on time and lack the confidence to make an individual stand. This is usually because the office is weak, the rep is weak, colleagues are a shower of selfish bastards, the manager is a bullying tosser or a heady mixture of them all. Again it doesn't make the individual a mug.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share