I think I have finally come to terms with how much I hate RM as a company, I love the colleagues that day in day out go out their way to provide a great service to our customers, I love the banter I have in the morning with my fellow postmen and woman, I enjoy the interaction with the customers on a daily basis but I hate where RM are and where they will become.
With strikes looming the clueless people that run this company don't know what direction we are going, I've never know a company to think up new ways of working without thinking how it will effect the workers life's and how the company only look for short term solutions to gain more profit for shareholders.
If RM get the injunction they want then I think ultimately we will end up accepting poor t&c which will include the change of pipeline and ownership of the job.
The big yes vote has shown posties across the U.K. Are fed up with the the constant lapsing and bullying that goes on day to day, I don't think the powers to be actually care on what RM staff think, as long as they are filling those pockets with more money they ain't bothered by not accepting the vote and going for injunction it clearly shows they don't care what staff think.
I for one am
Not optimistic about what the future holds for us posties !
I've got to the point now where I'm starting to hate my job
Does anyone feel the same ?
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
The Future :-/
-
Numberone63
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 621
- Joined: 05 Sep 2017, 18:38
- Gender: Male
The Future :-/
Yes. I am feeling the same.
I've been posting for 8 1/2 years now and feel as you do. I don't think the union and staff are going to come out of this well.
The company is probably going to get its way. I'm 49 and quite fit and able to do a good days work. But piling on more and more is crazy. How long will I/we be able to carry on at this pace and still have a decent home life instead of going home completely knackered. I hope these strikes will deliver some good for us. We'll soon see.
I've been posting for 8 1/2 years now and feel as you do. I don't think the union and staff are going to come out of this well.
The company is probably going to get its way. I'm 49 and quite fit and able to do a good days work. But piling on more and more is crazy. How long will I/we be able to carry on at this pace and still have a decent home life instead of going home completely knackered. I hope these strikes will deliver some good for us. We'll soon see.
-
Lincox
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 3485
- Joined: 09 Jan 2008, 18:07
- Gender: Male
The Future :-/
As Fish has said in another thread, even if the company is successful in gaining an injunction over the cwu, that injunction does not stop mass wildcat walk outs in protest against a management that has failed to carry the trust or the agreement of the workers to its future work practices and employee remuneration package.
If there are mass walk outs, this could cause more problems for Ms Greene and her cohorts than a legal strike as they will have failed to deal with the underlying disagreements which will not go down well on the stock markets.
If there are mass walk outs, this could cause more problems for Ms Greene and her cohorts than a legal strike as they will have failed to deal with the underlying disagreements which will not go down well on the stock markets.
-
Brandy
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 729
- Joined: 12 Sep 2011, 21:03
- Gender: Female
The Future :-/
You have just hit the nail on the head completely and utterly. I know exactly how you feel,I have said it on here numerous times how I used to love my job as a postie but in the end I was made to hate it by the way I was treated by RM. I gave 19 years service to this ungrateful company and I would have loved to have made it to 20 years but in the end I just could not take anymore as the bullying by the so called managers was affecting my health so in the end I got out.Gangham_style14 wrote:I think I have finally come to terms with how much I hate RM as a company, I love the colleagues that day in day out go out their way to provide a great service to our customers, I love the banter I have in the morning with my fellow postmen and woman, I enjoy the interaction with the customers on a daily basis but I hate where RM are and where they will become.
With strikes looming the clueless people that run this company don't know what direction we are going, I've never know a company to think up new ways of working without thinking how it will effect the workers life's and how the company only look for short term solutions to gain more profit for shareholders.
If RM get the injunction they want then I think ultimately we will end up accepting poor t&c which will include the change of pipeline and ownership of the job.
The big yes vote has shown posties across the U.K. Are fed up with the the constant lapsing and bullying that goes on day to day, I don't think the powers to be actually care on what RM staff think, as long as they are filling those pockets with more money they ain't bothered by not accepting the vote and going for injunction it clearly shows they don't care what staff think.
I for one am
Not optimistic about what the future holds for us posties !
I've got to the point now where I'm starting to hate my job
Does anyone feel the same ?
Not even a thankyou when I left,what a disgrace this company is and how they treat their hardworking workforce,they should hang their heads in shame.
RM are such bloody hypocrites they make out how much they care for their staff,but in reality they dont give a toss,all they care about is making more and more money and lining their greedy pockets! They are destroying a great job,and its people!
The cameraderie amongst the posties is unique,and I miss this and like you I loved the banter,but I am in a much better place now not having to put up with the constant bullying and harrasment from incompetent managers who have no man management skills whatsoever.
I wish all you posties out there good luck,I was so pleased for you when I heard you had got such a massive yes vote.
-
mdm
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 209
- Joined: 17 Mar 2010, 15:44
- Gender: Male
The Future :-/
I completely agree with your sentiments! I put 18 years into the job before I got IHR and up to the change over to the new way of working, I loved the job. I was on the park and loop nonsense for six long years and could tell early on it was a none starter but what the hell the do I know! Good on the postie's for voting to strike but being ever cynical, I can't see much changing, Royal Mail always get what they want in the end! I can say anybody coming to me moaning about the strike will get short shrift!
-
robbertwhitton
- Posts: 1132
- Joined: 30 Aug 2010, 19:06
- Gender: Male
The Future :-/
Yes I think you’ll find it’s pretty much across the board,they’ve beaten us into submission it seems with there culture of fear approach,very sad I have to say,the crack and the banter,they won’t take from us,mis management at its best,
-
Grinder64
- Posts: 245
- Joined: 28 Oct 2009, 17:54
- Gender: Male
The Future :-/
You'll never get the 'star letter' position in 'The Courier' telling it truthfully like this... 
You do the work, they get the loot. The men with the smiles and the 3 piece suits.
-
thekiddykid
- Posts: 116
- Joined: 05 Oct 2007, 15:38
The Future :-/
WTLL should be fun tomorrow!!!!!. Wonder if we will see Tilley in tears
, Greene hiding behind her RM cushion, or will it just go back to being told how s++t we are. and we need to work harder and speed up a bit!!! Don't forget how overpaid and under worked we all are 
-
Brandy
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 729
- Joined: 12 Sep 2011, 21:03
- Gender: Female
The Future :-/
Let them try and do a posties job I wonder how long they would lastthekiddykid wrote:WTLL should be fun tomorrow!!!!!. Wonder if we will see Tilley in tears, Greene hiding behind her RM cushion, or will it just go back to being told how s++t we are. and we need to work harder and speed up a bit!!! Don't forget how overpaid and under worked we all are