You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been. My BFF Clash The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
• Royal Mail's multi bundle strategy does not require any sequencing to be performed for Delivery Offices until 95% of the work is available which is around 0230 in the morning. This will change the inward operation start and finish times in a significant way.
If it does happen it'll be pointless sequencing or even walk sorting wave 2 as it'll arrive in DOs way too late. On a busy day some DOs might not even get anything for wave 1 with the time taken to sequence 14 batches + any leftovers
get the redundancy packages negotiated ,delivering letters and packets 3 bundles in hand in pissing rain middle of jan freezing temps and in the dark with a torch
going to be record amounts of sick leave ,accidents and health &safety issues thefts robberies you name it brilliant rm
mark.cup wrote:How do you merge 3 bundles,push a trolley,hold your PDA and deliver packets all at the same time?
Totally retarded idea and will cost more time outdoors than it saves indoors come on this is crazy
I suspect that this argument is the very reason why "owning the workload" has been floated as an idea....in other words, RM won't give a s**t what time you finish as they won't be paying overtime. Otherwise, absolutely everybody will be cutting off. The whole concept of "owning the workload" has to be vehemently opposed at every turn.
mark.cup wrote:I just don't see how this can ever happen in a modern world? owning the work load is a polite version of being a slave!
You have contracted hours end of story
Im not saying I agree with the idea of owning the workload. But It is not a concept out of this world. Allot of people are paid a salary. Again though, I do not believe that salary pay is particularly compatible with this job but definitely doesn't deserve the hyperbole of being compared to slavery.
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been. My BFF Clash The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
mark.cup wrote:I just don't see how this can ever happen in a modern world? owning the work load is a polite version of being a slave!
You have contracted hours end of story
I totally agree, but I suspect RM will try to marry the idea with the concept of "annualised hours" ie. what you go over in the busier times of the year, you will make up for at the lighter times of the year. Not in my office we won't, where many deliveries have overrun on a regular basis throughout the "quiet" Summer months.
In a similar argument, my DM can't understand why so many staff are booking extended OT when, "The rise in packets/parcels and thus attendance calls is compensated for by the fall in letter volumes"
Lincox wrote:I would like to hear Urban Pirates take on this!
I think you already know what I think of this. Mostly reasonable and not the end of the world.
"Your second bundle will be the remaining 5% sequencing which will be walk sorted and the removed work. This will form your second bundle.
The third bundle will be door to door which will be collated.
You will be expected to merge these three bundles whilst out on the street delivering!"
Also, as stated in the other thread. The quoted section above I believe to being totally mental and unworkable. The ideas of an imaginative mind not based in reality. Are there any results of any testing done on this? Surely someone somewhere has trialled this?
mark.cup wrote:I just don't see how this can ever happen in a modern world? owning the work load is a polite version of being a slave!
You have contracted hours end of story
I totally agree, but I suspect RM will try to marry the idea with the concept of "annualised hours" ie. what you go over in the busier times of the year, you will make up for at the lighter times of the year. Not in my office we won't, where many deliveries have overrun on a regular basis throughout the "quiet" Summer months.
In a similar argument, my DM can't understand why so many staff are booking extended OT when, "The rise in packets/parcels and thus attendance calls is compensated for by the fall in letter volumes"
Lots of reasonable people do stuff like this already if I finish 15 minutes early one day I won't cut off with 15 minutes work the next I know some would and they are entitled to do so!
But there is no way on earth with ever growing delivery spans you could be expected to work for instance 2 hours over on a Wednesday compulsory with no overtime when you have other non work commitments they can't legally make you work more than your contracted hours