ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Night shift allowance

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
GaaZooKss
Posts: 7
Joined: 19 Oct 2009, 18:16
Gender: Male

Night shift allowance

Post by GaaZooKss »

Tonight I have heard Royal Mail are to get rid of night shift allowance is this true? Who would do it with out it?
SpacePhoenix
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 12193
Joined: 12 Nov 2008, 17:03
Gender: Male

Night shift allowance

Post by SpacePhoenix »

GaaZooKss wrote:Tonight I have heard Royal Mail are to get rid of night shift allowance is this true? Who would do it with out it?
If they did get rid of it, i wouldn't be surprised to see many transfer to other shifts
stephen500
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1458
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 04:04

Night shift allowance

Post by stephen500 »

GaaZooKss wrote:Tonight I have heard Royal Mail are to get rid of night shift allowance is this true? Who would do it with out it?
What was prob meant was that they plan to make it non pensionable from March 2018. I have not read or heard any where that night allowance is going. Perhaps in a few years, but not yet.
oypostie
Posts: 917
Joined: 25 Dec 2007, 13:39

Night shift allowance

Post by oypostie »

Don't foget the prpaganda said no changes to our terms and conditions. They wouldn't lie to us. Would they :whistle :whistle :whistle