ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Am I missing something here?
-
Jonesy 1971
- Posts: 64
- Joined: 14 Oct 2015, 14:06
- Gender: Male
Am I missing something here?
Ok so the company's propaganda machine is trotting out shite at full speed. Can somebody tell me how can RM threaten to withdraw some the protection of our terms in the 2013 agreement for growth etc because we are being balloted soon?
1, they want to stop the db pension?
2, they want to abolish legacy payments?
3,they want to change our sick pay arrangements?
4, they want to change the way we operate (start later) ?
Plus I'm sure there are more bits I am not too brushed up on, but all these changes are protected until 2019 in the agreement so how can they legally expect to inflict these draconian ideas on us until after 2019? As in the topic title it's a?????? From me
1, they want to stop the db pension?
2, they want to abolish legacy payments?
3,they want to change our sick pay arrangements?
4, they want to change the way we operate (start later) ?
Plus I'm sure there are more bits I am not too brushed up on, but all these changes are protected until 2019 in the agreement so how can they legally expect to inflict these draconian ideas on us until after 2019? As in the topic title it's a?????? From me
-
POSTMAN
- SITE ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 32798
- Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
- Gender: Male
Am I missing something here?
As Clash posted earlier...
Plus it's their business and they can do what they want, it's only because of us sticking together and with the help of the union they don't do it willy nilly.7 Exceptional Circumstances
7.1 The Employer shall be entitled to notify the CWU at any time that any of the Protections will no longer continue, if any of the following exceptional circumstances apply:
e) if there is national-scale industrial action (in the form of a strike or action short of a strike) which has been authorised at national level by the CWU, namely industrial action which either (i) involves employees in the majority of operational workplaces across Royal Mail Group Limited; or (ii) involves employees in an integral part of the operation whereby taking action will have, or is reasonably likely to have, a similarly disruptive effect.
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
-
Jonesy 1971
- Posts: 64
- Joined: 14 Oct 2015, 14:06
- Gender: Male
Am I missing something here?
Yep thanks POSTMAN I get that bit! but maybe I wasn't very clear in my post. Is it not because they are intending to shaft us in the first place that we are being balloted? Any ways it's a yes vote for me cos I can't get past the fact as previously referenced " Missing Moyà " thinks it's fair for her and her board get 20 odd % pay rises AND bonuses and we get Jack s**t!
-
ernieshoe
- Posts: 117
- Joined: 07 Dec 2016, 15:40
- Gender: Male
Am I missing something here?
real life.Jonesy 1971 wrote:Yep thanks POSTMAN I get that bit! but maybe I wasn't very clear in my post. Is it not because they are intending to shaft us in the first place that we are being balloted? Any ways it's a yes vote for me cos I can't get past the fact as previously referenced " Missing Moyà " thinks it's fair for her and her board get 20 odd % pay rises AND bonuses and we get Jack s**t!
Ambition
Drive
or stay at the bottom of the heap
You made your bed
you can always leave ?
nobodies forcing you to stay !
-
Jonesy 1971
- Posts: 64
- Joined: 14 Oct 2015, 14:06
- Gender: Male
Am I missing something here?
And no one was asking you to comment........ not everyone is happy to just sit and take what's being offered without question like you obviously are!
-
panch1989
- Posts: 104
- Joined: 25 Jul 2014, 07:44
- Gender: Male
Am I missing something here?
Ignore ernieshoe. Must be an old timer whos almost out. Just wants to troll people here instead
-
BeamishStout
- Posts: 387
- Joined: 19 Sep 2012, 14:42
- Gender: Male
Am I missing something here?
I suspect that RM would love to take on people on zero hour contracts as well. Employ more agency staff etc etc and basically drive the costs lower and lower. Of the 4 pillars (legal protections or rather their removal) this is possibly one that RM might have a field day with.
-
Jonesy 1971
- Posts: 64
- Joined: 14 Oct 2015, 14:06
- Gender: Male
Am I missing something here?
Panch-yeah yr probably right, Beamish-it seems that cost cutting is all they are interested in let's just hope there's a big enough yes vote.
-
30+YEARMAN
- Posts: 253
- Joined: 25 Nov 2010, 17:46
- Gender: Male
Am I missing something here?
Perhaps he's not and never was a Postmanpanch1989 wrote:Ignore ernieshoe. Must be an old timer whos almost out. Just wants to troll people here instead
-
Aquarius
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 148
- Joined: 20 Apr 2008, 11:40
Am I missing something here?
RM would 100% absolutely go that route if they could right now - make no mistake about that whatsoeverBeamishStout wrote:I suspect that RM would love to take on people on zero hour contracts as well. Employ more agency staff etc etc and basically drive the costs lower and lower. Of the 4 pillars (legal protections or rather their removal) this is possibly one that RM might have a field day with.
Zero hour contracts
Agency/Casual workers as the norm not the exception
Franchise Delivery/Operations
Slash and burn is the end game if they could get away with it.
-
Lounge Lizard
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 9458
- Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54
Am I missing something here?
ernie,ernieshoe wrote:real life.Jonesy 1971 wrote:Yep thanks POSTMAN I get that bit! but maybe I wasn't very clear in my post. Is it not because they are intending to shaft us in the first place that we are being balloted? Any ways it's a yes vote for me cos I can't get past the fact as previously referenced " Missing Moyà " thinks it's fair for her and her board get 20 odd % pay rises AND bonuses and we get Jack s**t!
Ambition
Drive
or stay at of the bottom of the heap
You made your bed
you can always leave ?
nobodies forcing you to stay !
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
Everyone else on here knows that a "yes" vote is the only way of preventing us dropping to "the bottom of the heap".
-
sweepster70
- Posts: 500
- Joined: 24 Jul 2017, 23:16
- Gender: Male
Am I missing something here?
Good old ernie is just a wind up, he's not a Postman. From his posts, I can only speculate that he's a sad individual. Why else would someone post such contempt towards us.Lounge Lizard wrote:ernie,ernieshoe wrote:real life.Jonesy 1971 wrote:Yep thanks POSTMAN I get that bit! but maybe I wasn't very clear in my post. Is it not because they are intending to shaft us in the first place that we are being balloted? Any ways it's a yes vote for me cos I can't get past the fact as previously referenced " Missing Moyà " thinks it's fair for her and her board get 20 odd % pay rises AND bonuses and we get Jack s**t!
Ambition
Drive
or stay at of the bottom of the heap
You made your bed
you can always leave ?
nobodies forcing you to stay !
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
Everyone else on here knows that a "yes" vote is the only way of preventing us dropping to "the bottom of the heap".
The best thing to do is ignore him.
-
Dorset Plodder
- Posts: 4351
- Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
- Gender: Male
Am I missing something here?
If I was into conspiracy theories I might think that Royal Mail Management was engineering a Strike just so they could end the current agreements 2 years early.POSTMAN wrote:As Clash posted earlier...
Plus it's their business and they can do what they want, it's only because of us sticking together and with the help of the union they don't do it willy nilly.7 Exceptional Circumstances
7.1 The Employer shall be entitled to notify the CWU at any time that any of the Protections will no longer continue, if any of the following exceptional circumstances apply:
e) if there is national-scale industrial action (in the form of a strike or action short of a strike) which has been authorised at national level by the CWU, namely industrial action which either (i) involves employees in the majority of operational workplaces across Royal Mail Group Limited; or (ii) involves employees in an integral part of the operation whereby taking action will have, or is reasonably likely to have, a similarly disruptive effect.
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
-
fishtank
- Posts: 19732
- Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
- Gender: Male
Am I missing something here?
Well Mr Pullinger stood up and told me personally in a room full of reps back in 2013 that the legal protections were in no shape or form a "no strike agreement" so it looks like his words will be tested.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
-
k979aaa
- Posts: 12578
- Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
- Gender: Male
- Location: THE NORTH
Am I missing something here?
Well would it have got to this point without Royalmail riding rough shot over everything from day one sooner or later the legal protections are only as good as the paper they are written on and the courts in the land and that's changed since last year. For too long Royalmail has pushed us all now we should push back before we are but slaves with an less than fair master stand now or repent in an existence instead of a life worth living. We should have pensions healthcare education and a right not to be forced to work in any conditions just because somebody wants it to be mega rich god is £2 million not enough probably don't even pay tax on it Well I do and am proud of it! Enough is Enough time to fight time to pick sides!fishtank wrote:Well Mr Pullinger stood up and told me personally in a room full of reps back in 2013 that the legal protections were in no shape or form a "no strike agreement" so it looks like his words will be tested.