ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Should I of been paid for my final week?

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Pgh959
Posts: 1
Joined: 08 Mar 2017, 22:44
Gender: Male

Should I of been paid for my final week?

Post by Pgh959 »

Hi all,

I recently left my job as a postman with Royal Mail to move away from my local area.
After handing my notice in I was told I owed the office 8 days worth of holidays which I worked back with an agreement as I only had 6 days left of my employment. I was told I would be paid my contract of 23.5 hours for my last week (7/8/17 - 12/8/17), however I received nothing on the payday of the 18/8/17.

Upon looking into this I am confused as to whether I should of been paid on the 18th or are we paid a week in advance?

I have the union rep of my delivery office looking into this, but I'm unsure if I have a case or or not.
Creditshampoo
Posts: 1189
Joined: 06 Oct 2014, 19:48
Gender: Male

Should I of been paid for my final week?

Post by Creditshampoo »

You've been paid. Contract pay is paid the Friday of that week and overtime is a week later.
joewyan
Posts: 382
Joined: 28 Jun 2016, 22:56
Gender: Male

Should I of been paid for my final week?

Post by joewyan »

You have been paid. Royal Mail unusually pays you for the week you are in not a week in hand. So the last week you worked, the Friday of that week was your final pay up to and including the end of that week.
I can't understand why a rep wouldn't know this so can't think what he is looking into!
bmccoll
Posts: 190
Joined: 21 Sep 2015, 22:19
Gender: Male

Should I of been paid for my final week?

Post by bmccoll »

Posties don't work any lying time unlike virtually every other business.