ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Parcels at xmas arrangements
-
Supermac0151
- Posts: 72
- Joined: 11 Apr 2015, 08:28
- Gender: Male
Parcels at xmas arrangements
So it seems crazy to even say it but we know we are gunna be gearing up for xmas soon, I heard in our office they are looking at keeping to last years arrangements of hiring part timers to work til 7pm at night...I do the parcels every year by coming off my walk but I didn't thing it worked last year taking the hire vans off us and waiting til someone had finished their round!! It's virtually impossible to put parcels out and see doors in pitch black winter nights not to mention our safety?!? Our dom said other offices said it wasn't working but as I said the powers above have mentioned it's gunna be similar....what's anyone else's thoughts on this?? I know it's all costs blah blah but you can get a lot more productivity done in the daylight!!
-
pinstripe
- Posts: 2474
- Joined: 25 May 2007, 16:42
- Gender: Male
- Location: 2 left turns from reality
Parcels at xmas arrangements
Christmas?
Christmas is coming??
God, I hope it doesn't fall in December again
Christmas is coming??
God, I hope it doesn't fall in December again
-
CPTNemoUK
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 707
- Joined: 03 Oct 2013, 10:13
- Gender: Male
Parcels at xmas arrangements
I was on the same last year and it was a joke. I was doing something like 12.30 till 8. I came im at 12.30 every day to no vans so i made a list of my parcels while i waited. By 2.30 vans started returning , but by this time 8 of us was waiting for a van (4 collection 4 late packets).
What made it worse we all needed large vans so one day i was there till 4pm. So about time i got out it was dark. Was on areas i didn't know 100% and i couldn't see the numbers. Oh and the pdas were dead
. So i have decided i am not doing it ever again. More hassle than its worth.
P.s to top it off i ended up with a trap nerve in my leg over christmas because of getting in/out of the van
What made it worse we all needed large vans so one day i was there till 4pm. So about time i got out it was dark. Was on areas i didn't know 100% and i couldn't see the numbers. Oh and the pdas were dead
P.s to top it off i ended up with a trap nerve in my leg over christmas because of getting in/out of the van
-
CPTNemoUK
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 707
- Joined: 03 Oct 2013, 10:13
- Gender: Male
Parcels at xmas arrangements
Psst don't tell royal mailpinstripe wrote:Christmas?
Christmas is coming??
God, I hope it doesn't fall in December again
-
worktotime
- Posts: 2866
- Joined: 14 May 2010, 20:47
- Gender: Male
Parcels at xmas arrangements
don't worry about it and leave it to the dims that get paid to manager
,
-
eastie
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 2234
- Joined: 16 Jun 2011, 15:32
- Gender: Male
Parcels at xmas arrangements
I don't worry , just do my normal hours, work to my finish time and go home 
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72733
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Parcels at xmas arrangements
Don't worry they'll have the planning sorted about the same time as last year - Mid January the following year.CPTNemoUK wrote:Psst don't tell royal mailpinstripe wrote:Christmas?
Christmas is coming??
God, I hope it doesn't fall in December again
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
worktotime
- Posts: 2866
- Joined: 14 May 2010, 20:47
- Gender: Male
Parcels at xmas arrangements
eastie wrote:I don't worry , just do my normal hours, work to my finish time and go home
-
Supermac0151
- Posts: 72
- Joined: 11 Apr 2015, 08:28
- Gender: Male
Parcels at xmas arrangements
CPTNemoUK wrote:I was on the same last year and it was a joke. I was doing something like 12.30 till 8. I came im at 12.30 every day to no vans so i made a list of my parcels while i waited. By 2.30 vans started returning , but by this time 8 of us was waiting for a van (4 collection 4 late packets).
What made it worse we all needed large vans so one day i was there till 4pm. So about time i got out it was dark. Was on areas i didn't know 100% and i couldn't see the numbers. Oh and the pdas were dead. So i have decided i am not doing it ever again. More hassle than its worth.
P.s to top it off i ended up with a trap nerve in my leg over christmas because of getting in/out of the van
It is a joke mate. Once it goes dark it's useless!! I've done parcels the last few years was just given a hire van in the day and off I went delivering a mountain of parcels but now this waiting for vans is ridiculous and doesn't work at all!! Sorry about your injury and good on ya for not opting in this year coz I won't be either!!