I've never known an office like it
We got staff scrambling round for lazzie bands picking up used ones off the shop floor, rooting round everyone's workstation for slip left cards and searching for damage and re-direction bags.
Admittedly, I re-use my bands putting them in my pocket although they are not all that durable (maybe last 3 uses at best). And then we get a busy day mail wise (who the feck are RM kidding that mail is down!) and I'm looking for other lazzies somewhere...anywhere. I'm even down to my last dozen P739s. Do Royal Mail not realise how many packets, recorded and tracked letters that we are trying to deliver to everyday. And I prefer not to deliver items to unscrupulous neighbours next door.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Where are our supplies??
-
postslippete
- Posts: 4196
- Joined: 14 Jul 2014, 16:27
- Gender: Male
Where are our supplies??
On the face of it, shareholder value is the dumbest idea in the world.
-
Bigbaddaddy11
- Posts: 7
- Joined: 10 Apr 2016, 18:34
- Gender: Male
Where are our supplies??
if like my office, fedex will deliver your supplies shortly!!
can't make this up
can't make this up
-
Lounge Lizard
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 9458
- Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54
Where are our supplies??
No elastic bands for days now.
Maybe there's some string stashed away somewhere from when we used that.
Maybe there's some string stashed away somewhere from when we used that.
-
BadPostman
- Posts: 46
- Joined: 26 Jun 2015, 22:42
- Gender: Male
Where are our supplies??
Was told a few weeks ago we had no P739s. Told the boss any packets I couldn't get rid of, I'd leave on his desk
5 minutes later he came round and gave me a stack of about 50
5 minutes later he came round and gave me a stack of about 50
-
postslippete
- Posts: 4196
- Joined: 14 Jul 2014, 16:27
- Gender: Male
Where are our supplies??
Now that sounds like a very positive plan. Funnily enough we have got managers that go out and deliver our loops and until recently they have been bringing loads of packets back without even attempting them!
On the face of it, shareholder value is the dumbest idea in the world.
-
k979aaa
- Posts: 12578
- Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
- Gender: Male
- Location: THE NORTH
Where are our supplies??
Has happend for years in our office.postslippete wrote:Now that sounds like a very positive plan. Funnily enough we have got managers that go out and deliver our loops and until recently they have been bringing loads of packets back without even attempting them!
-
Mr Rush
- Posts: 3345
- Joined: 05 Aug 2011, 14:27
- Gender: Male
Where are our supplies??
Same here in June. No elastics. No P739 cards. However the DOM did order the essentials - hundreds of hi-vis vests in preparation for an inspection. Priorities. I suppose you could tie up a bundle by ripping a hi-vis vest like a makeshift tourniquet 
The machine stops.
-
crazyshrew
- Posts: 584
- Joined: 19 Jun 2011, 16:58
- Gender: Female
- Location: Coastal, South West
Where are our supplies??
We've waited several months for a first aid kit, given up now and the first aider ended up going out and buying one. some might consider that quite important and would hope it would arrive at the hurry but apparently not royal mail.
If that's anything to go by I would suggest against holding your breath while waiting for anyone else
If that's anything to go by I would suggest against holding your breath while waiting for anyone else