ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Scan of Moyas Letter

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72733
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Scan of Moyas Letter

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

Letter1Pg1008.jpg
Letter1Pg2006.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
daveyeff
Posts: 4699
Joined: 12 Mar 2010, 19:38
Gender: Male

Scan of Moyas Letter

Post by daveyeff »

title should say scandalous letter from Moya.
rainbowwarrior72
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 431
Joined: 07 Nov 2009, 11:14
Gender: Male

Scan of Moyas Letter

Post by rainbowwarrior72 »

My beautiful Moya but I am sorry but you left a few things out and I am still not convinced
Lounge Lizard
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 9458
Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54

Scan of Moyas Letter

Post by Lounge Lizard »

I it was a serious attempt to communicate with me I would have expected "Dear John" not "Dear colleague". :cuppa :wave
masterblaster
Posts: 285
Joined: 10 Sep 2010, 20:12
Gender: Male

Scan of Moyas Letter

Post by masterblaster »

RM are not comparing like with like, courier drivers I have spoken to, only have around 60 drops on a normal day and maybe 100-120 on a busy day, they don't have 500+ drops, over a 42 mile stretch (as I do).
Also when RM go on about our rates of pay, we have these because years ago, our rates were compared to the likes of BT, Rail companies and British gas etc, they had to offer reasonable rate of pay. No doubt they would love us to just earn the minimum wage, and are not paying us our rates out of the goodness of their hearts.
Judgee
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 2262
Joined: 23 Oct 2007, 15:18

Scan of Moyas Letter

Post by Judgee »

They keep harping on about how "industrial action is a race to the bottom". If they realise this why don't they avoid it and act like decent human beings for a change? They make it sound like the work force is responsible for strike action. Do they not realise management would be the ones responsible for it and if they were that bothered they could easily avoid it? :speak to the hand
Union what Union? Do we have a union?
teesdale
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 430
Joined: 24 Nov 2007, 16:31

Scan of Moyas Letter

Post by teesdale »

Not really a good letter from a chief executive. I would say it is a pathetic attempt to communicate with other people. Whats going on with her language and ability to get the facts across. It's like she was forced to write it. Why did Vince Cable hire her? She is the right person for us to face in this dispute.
ted_e_bear
Posts: 4110
Joined: 03 Sep 2012, 19:37
Gender: Male

Scan of Moyas Letter

Post by ted_e_bear »

FFS, why do we keep getting the best paid in the business brainwashing rubbish, we're the only ones in the business,in a way we are unique as obviously if you're a delivery postman then no one else does a comparable job. The lower paid competition that we keep hearing about only perform one aspect of our job.
Jonesy 1971
Posts: 64
Joined: 14 Oct 2015, 14:06
Gender: Male

Scan of Moyas Letter

Post by Jonesy 1971 »

Yet again all RM want to trot out is this shite! It is up to them keep our t&cs the best and not allow the race to the bottom. Comparing us to the guys who work for herpes, yodel, amazon etc, frankly is an insult! Look at the "quality" of thier service and performance to ours, hardly a week goes buy without one of them hitting headlines.
Dorset Plodder
Posts: 4351
Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
Gender: Male

Scan of Moyas Letter

Post by Dorset Plodder »

Love the bit about,"After receiving your Feedback......" Well I suppose you could call the threat of industrial action "Feedback"! :hmmmm

Personally I think Moya's a bit of an amateur in the Bullshit Business ..... We've recently gone through the Brexit Referendum and a General Election. I think Joe Public's getting much better at recognising lies and spin than they used to be.

You can bet that if we do end up taking Industrial Action they'll be Politicians saying, "Why do they have to strike? Why can't this be sorted out around a negotiating table"? :Boo hoo! Obviously RM Management aren't interested in Negotiation, although it's encouraging that they have backed down over some of the CWU's demands. :cuppa
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
Dorset Plodder
Posts: 4351
Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
Gender: Male

Scan of Moyas Letter

Post by Dorset Plodder »

Jonesy 1971 wrote:Yet again all RM want to trot out is this shite! It is up to them keep our t&cs the best and not allow the race to the bottom. Comparing us to the guys who work for herpes, yodel, amazon etc, frankly is an insult! Look at the "quality" of thier service and performance to ours, hardly a week goes buy without one of them hitting headlines.
Totally agree Jonesy. We used to have to compete with "White Van Man" (who were quite professional in their way) but nowadays it's "Dirty Car Man" (I'm sure most of them haven't got a licence let alone Commercial Insurance), I wouldn't be surprised if half of them shouldn't even be in the Bloody Country.

Ironically I often help them out if they're struggling. Normally by means of sign language and drawing maps! :crazy: I take the view, "Don't blame the Player, blame the Game". I get more wound up by the "Housewife Couriers" who drive around with a car full of Herpes packets.... especially when you know it's a disability car... no need to worry about the wear & tear on their car then! :no no
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
Jonesy 1971
Posts: 64
Joined: 14 Oct 2015, 14:06
Gender: Male

Scan of Moyas Letter

Post by Jonesy 1971 »

Dirty car man! Luv it DP. I agree about where the blame is laid too. This is really a form of exploitation on their staff and I hope RM can see now that is what the bottom looks like! Do they really want to look like the s**t employers these lot are? Cos that is what their proposals will result in if they arnt curtailed by the CWU.
clashcityrocker
Posts: 16700
Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
Gender: Male
Location: strummerville

Scan of Moyas Letter

Post by clashcityrocker »

Dorset Plodder wrote: I wouldn't be surprised if half of them shouldn't even be in the Bloody Country.
And you would know that because you are an immigration official? Or because you thought throwing out a lazy racist comment would make you look like a big man on here?
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.