ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Repetitive Strain Injury

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
superports
Posts: 171
Joined: 05 Nov 2009, 09:15
Gender: Male

Repetitive Strain Injury

Post by superports »

Any rural drivers suffering from RSI?
I'm in a lot of pain because of putting my seat belt on and off possibly up to 250 times per day.
sjnb6
Posts: 92
Joined: 16 May 2013, 21:49
Gender: Male

Repetitive Strain Injury

Post by sjnb6 »

I'm on rural round I wear seat belt to first drop. use common sense after that. I got rsi from moving arm across to get packets out of pouch. don't do that anymore. also have to stand on letter tray to put letters on top of frame. that's painful . all are rsi. dim wanted to know how rsi happened. they haven't a clue
datasaint
Posts: 1541
Joined: 22 Sep 2008, 17:19
Gender: Male

Repetitive Strain Injury

Post by datasaint »

It's not just the seat belt is it, getting in and out the van 250 times knackers your knee/back, changing gear constantly does your shoulder/arm, turning the steering wheel goes for the wrists.

We get used to it with time, but one can only imagine after 20 years what toll it'll take.