I am still getting grief from my manager re a wasp sting on my eyelid closed my eye for 3 days. they say its not an accident on duty and say its
an incident on duty and they can stage me for it
I cant see the difference
ivve been in contact with my local rep who is supportive but no support from area rep
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
wasp sting
-
Justanotherstar
- Posts: 351
- Joined: 28 Dec 2012, 10:43
- Gender: Male
wasp sting
That's probably because you got stung in the eye by a f***ing wasp!!!!heckster wrote: I cant see the difference
Why does the wording matter?...it still happened on duty and it still effected your ability to work.
-
rubberbond
- Posts: 1497
- Joined: 24 Aug 2014, 16:03
- Gender: Male
wasp sting
Point out if you were bitten by a dog,it would be classed as an attack by an animal,you've been stung by an insect apart from size,like our colleague above I can't see the difference either,despite the facestiousness of the post.
-
clashcityrocker
- Posts: 16700
- Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
- Gender: Male
- Location: strummerville
wasp sting
Did you do anything which may have contributed to the wasp's anger?
For example, did you prod its nest with your posting peg?
For example, did you prod its nest with your posting peg?
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
-
noggin1969
- Posts: 1321
- Joined: 13 Oct 2009, 17:28
- Gender: Male
wasp sting
Dog bite , wasp sting or attacked by a shoal of rabid Goldfish it still happened and affected your attendance. May not be a major accident but still get it on the ERICA. If you were allergic to wasp stings would your manager stand over your twitching body saying crack on with your lapsing mate ? ( yes we know he/she would )
-
postslippete
- Posts: 4196
- Joined: 14 Jul 2014, 16:27
- Gender: Male
wasp sting
Did you go to the Waspital??
Joking aside, if I was a 1st aider a wasp sting would need treatment and be recorded in the accident book. Don't let the manager fob you off, it needs reporting. Get a decent rep in with you and maybe you won't get that stage!
Joking aside, if I was a 1st aider a wasp sting would need treatment and be recorded in the accident book. Don't let the manager fob you off, it needs reporting. Get a decent rep in with you and maybe you won't get that stage!
On the face of it, shareholder value is the dumbest idea in the world.
-
Creditshampoo
- Posts: 1189
- Joined: 06 Oct 2014, 19:48
- Gender: Male
wasp sting
I think this sums it uprubberbond wrote:Point out if you were bitten by a dog,it would be classed as an attack by an animal,you've been stung by an insect apart from size,like our colleague above I can't see the difference either,despite the facestiousness of the post.
-
ballsup
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 55
- Joined: 08 Jan 2015, 15:48
- Gender: Male
wasp sting
Is that the Area IR Rep or the Area Health and Safety rep?heckster wrote:I am still getting grief from my manager re a wasp sting on my eyelid closed my eye for 3 days. they say its not an accident on duty and say its
an incident on duty and they can stage me for it
I cant see the difference
ivve been in contact with my local rep who is supportive but no support from area rep
Ask the manager what the I stands for in ERICA.....................
It's incident BTW
-
POSTMAN
- SITE ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 32798
- Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
- Gender: Male
wasp sting
If no help from the AREA rep loser, contact the outdoor dept AND CC in Dave Joyce H&S dept at CWU HQ.heckster wrote:I am still getting grief from my manager re a wasp sting on my eyelid closed my eye for 3 days. they say its not an accident on duty and say its
an incident on duty and they can stage me for it
I cant see the difference
ivve been in contact with my local rep who is supportive but no support from area rep
mbaulch@cwu.org & djoyce@cwu.org
This is f***ing ridiculous!
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.