ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

work time learning

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.

WTL which best describes you

I find WTL sessions interesting
9
5%
I Don't go to WTL sessions (my Choice)
12
6%
We don't have WTL sessions
64
34%
I am not interested in WTL but go for the extra break
65
35%
Other
37
20%
 
Total votes: 187

the beautiful bd south
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 336
Joined: 06 Jun 2007, 20:48
Location: west riding of yorkshire

work time learning

Post by the beautiful bd south »

Just Idle curiosity
TOO OLD TO DIE YOUNG
Newbie001
Posts: 474
Joined: 30 May 2014, 17:29
Gender: Male

work time learning

Post by Newbie001 »

We are entitled to it after all, even though managers make it as boring as possible. Also only chance to get to see to all my colleague s that are out the door before my/their official start time.
the beautiful bd south
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 336
Joined: 06 Jun 2007, 20:48
Location: west riding of yorkshire

work time learning

Post by the beautiful bd south »

I am curious to know what all the "other" votes mean :hmmmm

come on enlighten us
TOO OLD TO DIE YOUNG
Brandy
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 729
Joined: 12 Sep 2011, 21:03
Gender: Female

work time learning

Post by Brandy »

I always used to call it work time lying because thats all it was :no no
Stunl3y
Posts: 73
Joined: 05 Jun 2011, 11:57
Gender: Male

work time learning

Post by Stunl3y »

You don't learn anything at all your just given RM propaganda forced down your throat
trythat
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 720
Joined: 23 Jun 2007, 16:36

work time learning

Post by trythat »

I use it, to try and get answers from DOM so not just reps can hear what is happening. Also I like to ask those awkward questions which I know DOMs don't like to answer :Very Happy
fly-catchers
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 573
Joined: 05 Oct 2008, 16:38
Gender: Male

work time learning

Post by fly-catchers »

The only time I found WTL useful was one of the very first where the DOM said that RM would partly finance any courses people might be taking. At that stage I was completing an IT postal course and after a bit of hassle from the DOM not expecting anyone to take it up! Got a £100 from them.. Happy Days. Every other WTL since has been crap apart from resting ones feet!
Jpro747
Posts: 1342
Joined: 23 Dec 2012, 10:22
Gender: Male

work time learning

Post by Jpro747 »

I don't care about what they show us on the tv but it's a good time to have a rant and get a few things off your chest.
Dorset Plodder
Posts: 4351
Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
Gender: Male

work time learning

Post by Dorset Plodder »

What a lot of Posties don't realise is that WTLL sessions are budgeted into your Delivery Office Hours. You are ALL meant to have that 40 minute session EVERY Tuesday. That's one of the reasons the mail is so light. :hmmmm

Most Posties think it's "Finish Early and go shopping Day" and the DOM is willing to go along with that because he's saving Hours/Money. :no no If you have 30 Posties in your DO and you don't have a WTLL session your DOM has immediately saved himself 30 x 40 minutes = 10 Hours! And that's without any Bullying or Harrassesment. In fact most Posties will help him in his efforts by whinging & moaning every time anyone mentions they've got to go into the Rest Room for a Briefing! :arrrghhh

In theory we should all be insisting that we have that 40 minute session (even if you just have a cup of tea and a chat) think how many extra hours that would costs across the business? Add a Compulsory 20 min Meal relief BEFORE you leave the office and you get some idea of how many hours FREE work Royal Mail is getting from thousands of Posties week in, week out. :cuppa
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
Clared
Posts: 122
Joined: 08 Jul 2016, 12:18
Gender: Female

work time learning

Post by Clared »

Never been to 1 in my office because there isn`t enough time to have them ! Apparently
cobrakai
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 320
Joined: 13 Dec 2007, 17:17

work time learning

Post by cobrakai »

I got told years ago the reason it was called work time learning and not team meeting was because rm got a amount off the government for in house training. Not sure how true it is. But either way it's a waste of time
ysbrydtawel
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 111
Joined: 03 Feb 2013, 20:57
Gender: Male
Location: South West

work time learning

Post by ysbrydtawel »

I selected 'other' because we don't get to choose whether we go or not - they're compulsory. To be honest, the RMTV clips that we have to watch are very patronising and treat us like a bunch of neanderthals - but getting the whole office together with the DOM so that they can raise any concerns does no harm.
We have a perfect record in aviation: we never left one up there.
NewPostieUK
Posts: 2104
Joined: 06 Jan 2008, 21:38
Gender: Male
Location: SickAsAChipLand

work time learning

Post by NewPostieUK »

'Other'.. as in 'they have them way before my start time'.
Xr4
Posts: 107
Joined: 23 Apr 2016, 09:15
Gender: Male

work time learning

Post by Xr4 »

I clicked other, I'm a part timer so I have to start after it's finished. I've only ever been to one proper session and that was because I was sent to another office and got there early.
eastie
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 2234
Joined: 16 Jun 2011, 15:32
Gender: Male

work time learning

Post by eastie »

Half the staff start after 7.30 anyway so never see it when we do have it