hi, I have 38 years service and looking to leave royal mail. I am 59
what notice do I have to give rm? will it effect my pension much?
can I take it now?
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
leaving royal mail
-
rehabron
- Posts: 1372
- Joined: 01 Jul 2012, 18:43
- Gender: Male
leaving royal mail
one weeks notice. I will leave the pension details to a more reliable advisor than me which is Robert T.heckster wrote:hi, I have 38 years service and looking to leave royal mail. I am 59
what notice do I have to give rm? will it effect my pension much?
can I take it now?
-
stroller
- Posts: 127
- Joined: 12 Jun 2013, 17:31
- Gender: Male
leaving royal mail
Are you taking EVR?
-
RobertT
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 6694
- Joined: 09 Sep 2007, 14:26
- Gender: Male
leaving royal mail
You can take you pension any time after age 55.heckster wrote:hi, I have 38 years service and looking to leave royal mail. I am 59
what notice do I have to give rm? will it effect my pension much?
can I take it now?
You will lose 5% for each year you take your pension/s early, or a corresponding percentage for part years.
So if you’re 59 & 6 months for example, your NRA60 would be reduced by 2.5% and the NRA65 you’ve accrued up to leaving date, by 27.5%.
Links to all RM pension related websites are here
-
ernieshoe
- Posts: 117
- Joined: 07 Dec 2016, 15:40
- Gender: Male
leaving royal mail
38 years and you dont know its one weeks notice.heckster wrote:hi, I have 38 years service and looking to leave royal mail. I am 59
what notice do I have to give rm? will it effect my pension much?
can I take it now?
Ta ra chuck :)
-
aiden01
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 7001
- Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
- Gender: Male
leaving royal mail
Probably been on strike more days than your service is worth. And maybe has grandkids to pick up from school. and your an expert in all things in RM.ernieshoe wrote:38 years and you dont know its one weeks notice.heckster wrote:hi, I have 38 years service and looking to leave royal mail. I am 59
what notice do I have to give rm? will it effect my pension much?
can I take it now?
Ta ra chuck :)
-
ernieshoe
- Posts: 117
- Joined: 07 Dec 2016, 15:40
- Gender: Male
leaving royal mail
are you going to ever stop singing Wonderwall ?aiden01 wrote:Probably been on strike more days than your service is worth. And maybe has grandkids to pick up from school. and your an expert in all things in RM.ernieshoe wrote:38 years and you dont know its one weeks notice.heckster wrote:hi, I have 38 years service and looking to leave royal mail. I am 59
what notice do I have to give rm? will it effect my pension much?
can I take it now?
Ta ra chuck :)
MAYBE
-
ernieshoe
- Posts: 117
- Joined: 07 Dec 2016, 15:40
- Gender: Male
leaving royal mail
Probably been on strike more days than your service is worth. And maybe has grandkids to pick up from school. and your an expert in all things in RM.[/quote]ernieshoe wrote:are you going to ever stop singing Wonderwall ?aiden01 wrote:Probably been on strike more days than your service is worth. And maybe has grandkids to pick up from school. and your an expert in all things in RM.ernieshoe wrote:38 years and you dont know its one weeks notice.heckster wrote:hi, I have 38 years service and looking to leave royal mail. I am 59
what notice do I have to give rm? will it effect my pension much?
can I take it now?
Ta ra chuck :)
MAYBE
Pop that on your CV
Been on strike more days than the great Ernaldo has worked.