ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Harassment after RTC on duty
-
Scruff73
- Posts: 1
- Joined: 19 Jun 2017, 15:42
- Gender: Male
Harassment after RTC on duty
At the weekend I was involved in an RTC on my way back to the office, sandwiched between two cars. All procedures followed with regards paperwork. I informed my office at 5am this morning I was going to be at work due to onset of injuries,I was seeing my GP that morning I'll keep them informed. I had a missed call from manager at 6.10am then another call at 7.45am. They didn't believe my injuries and said I should go in on light duties, I said I'll see what my GP says first. My injuries where subsequently documented as whiplash by my GP and I was advised to self cert for the rest of week and go back Monday for another assessment. I informed management of this and everything ok. Two hours later I get a call off management, 3rd call in a day, they said I needed to go through a H&S procedure to see if I'm fit for work, it's a new thing. I declined and said I was self certificated, they said this H&is procedure replaces that. Anyone else heard of this and since when are managers doctors. Many thanks
-
doorstepped
- Posts: 1063
- Joined: 10 Oct 2011, 23:17
- Gender: Male
- Location: Somewhere west of London
Harassment after RTC on duty
tell them you can't move your head because of the whiplash and you will phone them next monday to let them know when you may be back.
oh and keep a record of all the times they have rung you for future reference, H&S procedure!! total bovine excrement mate.
no manager is a doctor and IF you were to get yourself to work and cause more injuries to yourself, they would themselve be in trouble by H&S reps for asking you to even attend the DO.
oh and keep a record of all the times they have rung you for future reference, H&S procedure!! total bovine excrement mate.
no manager is a doctor and IF you were to get yourself to work and cause more injuries to yourself, they would themselve be in trouble by H&S reps for asking you to even attend the DO.
-
Creditshampoo
- Posts: 1189
- Joined: 06 Oct 2014, 19:48
- Gender: Male
Harassment after RTC on duty
If your manager calls again ask him to send you a h1 form in the post that'll sort it