ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Footwear for Big Feet

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
rich7673
Posts: 7
Joined: 09 Mar 2017, 21:24
Gender: Male

Footwear for Big Feet

Post by rich7673 »

Anyone with Size 13-14 (Euro 48.5) feet got any suggestions on which footwear to order ? The 3rd pair I've received are Magnum safety boots that weigh 900 grams each compared to my own Merrels I'm still using since I started,which weigh 500 grams apiece. Doing 11-12 miles a day isn't going to be pleasant in these hefty Magnum flippers! Main problem is none of them fit, Size 13 in the trainer type first sent were too small, size 14's too big and no half sizes, apparently they do the magnums in half sizes, but like I say they are very heavy, and my feet would probably sweat to pieces and disintegrate on days like today in 31 degrees of heat :wink:
donein
Posts: 136
Joined: 10 Sep 2007, 10:53
Location: north devon

Footwear for Big Feet

Post by donein »

i must admit magnums are a touch heavy but you don,t have to wear them in to begin with just my opinion bud :cuppa
ted_e_bear
Posts: 4110
Joined: 03 Sep 2012, 19:37
Gender: Male

Footwear for Big Feet

Post by ted_e_bear »

These look ok
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
bustedflush
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1493
Joined: 16 Feb 2013, 11:19
Gender: Male

Footwear for Big Feet

Post by bustedflush »

ted_e_bear wrote:These look ok
Had to laugh at that one...... :Very Happy :Very Happy :Very Happy :Very Happy :Very Happy :Very Happy :Very Happy

But the managers certainly won't lend you those, so I suggest the OP gets dispensation to order a similar spec product privately and get the RM donation towards them.
rich7673
Posts: 7
Joined: 09 Mar 2017, 21:24
Gender: Male

Footwear for Big Feet

Post by rich7673 »

ted_e_bear wrote:These look ok
I tried those, too small :dance