ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Duties after annual leave.

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
woodpecker
Posts: 883
Joined: 06 Dec 2009, 14:32
Gender: Male

Duties after annual leave.

Post by woodpecker »

So how do others get informed of what duty they are on after a week off?
I get texts asking me to " help out and work some of my annual leave due to sickness" @7 pm for the next day,
But they can't be bothered to inform me of my duties for the next week.
It's beyond a joke now, aren't we supposed to know rotas 6 weeks in advance?
Do other offices get the same?
terry2972
Posts: 482
Joined: 17 Jan 2014, 15:26
Gender: Male

Duties after annual leave.

Post by terry2972 »

What difference does it make whatever walk you are on they are all meant to be the same ( biggest jole of the year)
peshwaarinaan
Posts: 381
Joined: 29 May 2015, 11:35
Gender: Female

Duties after annual leave.

Post by peshwaarinaan »

If I'm on annual leave or working at the beginning of the week I get a slip in the post with my duties for the next week on.
NewPostieUK
Posts: 2104
Joined: 06 Jan 2008, 21:38
Gender: Male
Location: SickAsAChipLand

Duties after annual leave.

Post by NewPostieUK »

If we are lucky, we find out when we walk in and sign the book. If we aren't lucky we do our normal duty (if we have one) for half an hour then get told we are on another duty but it's OK it's been prepped. 'Prepped' means there's a dozen letters in the frame and four trays stacked by the frame.

Personally I don't even think about what duty I'm on until I sign in, and any texts asking me to go in are politely ignored.
crazyshrew
Posts: 584
Joined: 19 Jun 2011, 16:58
Gender: Female
Location: Coastal, South West

Duties after annual leave.

Post by crazyshrew »

terry2972 wrote:What difference does it make whatever walk you are on they are all meant to be the same ( biggest jole of the year)
Nice to know have as much notice of your day off as everyone else. Yes as a reserve you could safely put big money on it being Tuesday but it's bloody annoying turning up At 0600 Monday morning to see you could still be tucked up in bed.

Personally I endeavour to give the office a call after 12 on the Saturday, manager's gone home so it's fairly safe to say that what ever is up on the board is what's happening
woodpecker
Posts: 883
Joined: 06 Dec 2009, 14:32
Gender: Male

Duties after annual leave.

Post by woodpecker »

Walks have different start times, wouldn't want to go in only to find I was on a later start, I don't work for free!
CPTNemoUK
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 707
Joined: 03 Oct 2013, 10:13
Gender: Male

Duties after annual leave.

Post by CPTNemoUK »

I always ring up. Many of time i went in on the monday just to find out it was my day off. :arrrghhh :arrrghhh
NewPostieUK
Posts: 2104
Joined: 06 Jan 2008, 21:38
Gender: Male
Location: SickAsAChipLand

Duties after annual leave.

Post by NewPostieUK »

woodpecker wrote:Walks have different start times, wouldn't want to go in only to find I was on a later start, I don't work for free!
Not in my office. People have different start times and if they aren't informed of any change well in advance tough, they start and finish on time.