ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Stages and time periods.

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
BingBong
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 755
Joined: 12 May 2011, 12:36
Gender: Female
Location: the north

Stages and time periods.

Post by BingBong »

Hello all! Been awhile since I've been in here! I have a question if anyone would be so kind to answer. I was recently off with long term sickness. About 9 weeks. Without going into details about why I just wanted to know if there was a time period before RM doing return to work meetings and issuing stages becomes invalid? I've not had either. It's been atleast 2 months now. I know stage ones are issued automatically now but I've not had any meetings with management. No paper work has been signed or anything.
Toon Army!
rehabron
Posts: 1372
Joined: 01 Jul 2012, 18:43
Gender: Male

Stages and time periods.

Post by rehabron »

BingBong wrote:Hello all! Been awhile since I've been in here! I have a question if anyone would be so kind to answer. I was recently off with long term sickness. About 9 weeks. Without going into details about why I just wanted to know if there was a time period before RM doing return to work meetings and issuing stages becomes invalid? I've not had either. It's been atleast 2 months now. I know stage ones are issued automatically now but I've not had any meetings with management. No paper work has been signed or anything.
The welcome back meeting should be completed on your first day of return to ascertain if you have fully recovered from the illness that caused your absence and are capable of performing your work and any underlying health problems that could manifest itself in the future.
Because you have been back at work for at least 2 months and had no informal/formal discussions and if suddenly it was to happen and progress to a formal stage prompt and if issued would commence from the date of meeting for calculation purposes. Meaning that the 2 months that you have already completed would be written off not to your favour and would be argued by your union rep for the excessive time delay.
However if this 9 weeks absence is recorded on your absence history it can be reintroduced should any further absences occur as it would still be existing.