ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Exams/courses
-
The Goats Toe
- Posts: 26
- Joined: 29 Sep 2009, 18:45
- Gender: Male
Exams/courses
I'm half way through a diploma and hopefully when I get it (start of next year) I will be enrolling on a further course. This will require 8 case study weekends, how does RM look at me asking for time off for a) current exams and b) case study weekends? I know I can try and swop my long weekends to these but it's not always feasible.
-
Lounge Lizard
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 9458
- Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54
Exams/courses
They won't take kindly to expecting to have a life beyond Royal Mail. 
-
Darren Bent
- Posts: 2150
- Joined: 05 Oct 2007, 15:38
- Gender: Male
- Location: Pride Park, Derby, DE24 8XL
Exams/courses
You have to make sure it work round your job not other way round. due to working 6 days a week it is more complicated than necessary :( but you need to do evening classes/open university course and use your annual leave for studying in campus for 2 or 3 weeks. You could ask for a career break.
Talk to the management to see what they suggests.
Talk to the management to see what they suggests.