ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Uniform

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Pathfinder
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 208
Joined: 17 Aug 2015, 13:50
Gender: Male

Uniform

Post by Pathfinder »

Are we allowed to wear red t shirts instead of the polo shirt? I don't know about anyone else but find it far too hot in this weather, not really a fan of the blue shirts either!

I saw a postie today wearing cut off sleeves but I couldn't make out if she was in a t shirt or just a modified polo!
User avatar
POSTMAN
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 32798
Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
Gender: Male

Uniform

Post by POSTMAN »

http://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/mrm/Unif ... ummary.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Royal Mail provides you with uniform, including footwear that is appropriate for your job throughout the year and for indoor and outdoor work. It is important that employees always meet our dress standards.
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
Interested-seeker
Posts: 442
Joined: 20 Feb 2017, 11:50
Gender: Female

Uniform

Post by Interested-seeker »

Pathfinder wrote:Are we allowed to wear red t shirts instead of the polo shirt? I don't know about anyone else but find it far too hot in this weather, not really a fan of the blue shirts either!

I saw a postie today wearing cut off sleeves but I couldn't make out if she was in a t shirt or just a modified polo!
Hi, I was thinking that it would be great if RM issued some t-shirts instead of the polo shirt. I find the polo shirts to be far too hot too.
Androcles Moribund
Posts: 1
Joined: 28 May 2017, 07:56
Gender: Male

Uniform

Post by Androcles Moribund »

Red polo is knitted, so it's obviously gonna be warm. I find the best options are RM short sleeved shirt, or a non-RM vest style t-shirt hidden under the orange RM hi-vis. We are experiencing a clampdown at our office, with everyone "encouraged" to wear the hi-vis at all times, so this latter option kills two birds with one stone.