ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Working for free
-
Walking boots
- Posts: 26
- Joined: 12 May 2017, 21:30
- Gender: Male
Working for free
I am a part timer working on a van share with a full timer, I arrive for work on time but generally not early, this morning he had a moan at me for turning up on time when he always gets there early, our walk is pretty easy and we always finish before our time, I can't believe I'm being moaned at for doing the job I'm employed to do !!!
-
datasaint
- Posts: 1541
- Joined: 22 Sep 2008, 17:19
- Gender: Male
Working for free
Next time he does it, ask him, are you my manager?
You work for RM not him.
You work for RM not him.
-
worktotime
- Posts: 2866
- Joined: 14 May 2010, 20:47
- Gender: Male
Working for free
tell him to f**k off , i start on time because your dutys a doddle . lol .Walking boots wrote:I am a part timer working on a van share with a full timer, I arrive for work on time but generally not early, this morning he had a moan at me for turning up on time when he always gets there early, our walk is pretty easy and we always finish before our time, I can't believe I'm being moaned at for doing the job I'm employed to do !!!
-
South_London_Postie
- Posts: 306
- Joined: 18 Nov 2016, 19:58
- Gender: Male
Working for free
Literally look him in his face and tell him to go f**k himself
-
Kick the Bucket
- Posts: 119
- Joined: 14 Sep 2015, 19:22
- Gender: Male
Working for free
Walk slower just to spite him mate. Use the trolley, don't read and walk etc. When he brings it up, tell him to never question your starting time again.Walking boots wrote:I am a part timer working on a van share with a full timer, I arrive for work on time but generally not early, this morning he had a moan at me for turning up on time when he always gets there early, our walk is pretty easy and we always finish before our time, I can't believe I'm being moaned at for doing the job I'm employed to do !!!
-
Creditshampoo
- Posts: 1189
- Joined: 06 Oct 2014, 19:48
- Gender: Male
Working for free
Tell him he's working for free and to go f**k himself.
If be moans in any way about lapsing etc also tell him to go f**k himself. People like him are the reason lapsing exists yet always the first to moan and always take it.
If be moans in any way about lapsing etc also tell him to go f**k himself. People like him are the reason lapsing exists yet always the first to moan and always take it.
-
cpsteve
- Posts: 699
- Joined: 20 Apr 2016, 15:46
- Gender: Male
Working for free
I hope you take your break when you are out most p/t workers i know dont and not many even know they can.
-
clashcityrocker
- Posts: 16700
- Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
- Gender: Male
- Location: strummerville
Working for free
So lapsing doesn't exist because - " our walk is pretty easy and we always finish before our time"?Creditshampoo wrote:People like him are the reason lapsing exists yet always the first to moan and always take it.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
-
steve1873
- Posts: 800
- Joined: 08 Oct 2007, 13:55
Working for free
Perhaps it is easy and they finish before their time due to one of them going in to work early giving them a head-start on their indoor workload. Clearly this isn't the only driving factor for lapsing existing, but things like that certainly don't help!clashcityrocker wrote:So lapsing doesn't exist because - " our walk is pretty easy and we always finish before our time"?Creditshampoo wrote:People like him are the reason lapsing exists yet always the first to moan and always take it.
-
number one
- Posts: 1324
- Joined: 19 Aug 2009, 21:20
- Gender: Male
Working for free
No don't listen to advice in here. No need to start swearing as that could see you going down the conduct code. Just be civilised and explain that you start on your start time. Any further issues discuss with your manager.
-
yubin282
- Posts: 993
- Joined: 25 Jul 2014, 19:18
- Gender: Male
Working for free
ask him if took his break