ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Floater out of order

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Kings Norton
Posts: 320
Joined: 20 Nov 2012, 17:20
Gender: Male

Floater out of order

Post by Kings Norton »

Polling cards came into my office over the weekend my day off Monday come in this morning the floater has put every polling card in from the walk bagged himself approx £112 I go home with not a carrot, he will do the same on the other walks in the next few days, this needs to be stopped..Greed! would he do my D2ds all in one go? I think not...Fuming.com
Supermac0151
Posts: 72
Joined: 11 Apr 2015, 08:28
Gender: Male

Floater out of order

Post by Supermac0151 »

That is out of order mate! He'd be fed to the lions in our office if that happened. I hate the polling card payment system coz there's too much of a grey area it should be fairer. We are all putting them out.
number one
Posts: 1324
Joined: 19 Aug 2009, 21:20
Gender: Male

Floater out of order

Post by number one »

Luck of the draw I'm afraid. Not the floaters fault it was your day off when they came in. Nothing lost because nothing gained.
How can he do it yo all the other walks ifvthey came in yesterday?
Kings Norton
Posts: 320
Joined: 20 Nov 2012, 17:20
Gender: Male

Floater out of order

Post by Kings Norton »

number one wrote:Luck of the draw I'm afraid. Not the floaters fault it was your day off when they came in. Nothing lost because nothing gained.
How can he do it yo all the other walks ifvthey came in yesterday?
We have till the end of the week to deliver them so he was on another walk today throwing in much more than he should he will do the same Thursday and Friday till they start wearing thin.
wacko74
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1572
Joined: 04 Apr 2009, 20:35
Gender: Male

Floater out of order

Post by wacko74 »

£112 at around 5p each, doesn't that add up to around 2200 polling cards?
DiamondSmiles
Posts: 498
Joined: 05 Feb 2009, 20:03
Gender: Male

Floater out of order

Post by DiamondSmiles »

Mine is the reverse of this, polling cards in today, 3 days to deliver, floater delivers bugger all. Now I have 2 days to deliver all of them. :no no
Postie45
Posts: 2160
Joined: 21 Aug 2012, 23:05
Gender: Male

Floater out of order

Post by Postie45 »

you mean he delivered them all or just prepped them into frame ?
Kings Norton
Posts: 320
Joined: 20 Nov 2012, 17:20
Gender: Male

Floater out of order

Post by Kings Norton »

Postie45 wrote:you mean he delivered them all or just prepped them into frame ?
Delivered them all.
Kings Norton
Posts: 320
Joined: 20 Nov 2012, 17:20
Gender: Male

Floater out of order

Post by Kings Norton »

wacko74 wrote:£112 at around 5p each, doesn't that add up to around 2200 polling cards?
We get times three to every house, some might have 1 card some might have 7 so the agreement is x 3 or something like that.
Judgee
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 2262
Joined: 23 Oct 2007, 15:18

Floater out of order

Post by Judgee »

Same happened to me last election. Two lots of election leaflets turned up on my day off both got delivered by someone covering, claimed for both but left that days D2Ds! Basically It's just tough luck apparently! :roll:
Union what Union? Do we have a union?
raymod
Posts: 23
Joined: 21 Dec 2010, 16:30
Gender: Male

Floater out of order

Post by raymod »

I hope they come in on my day off. My floater is welcome to them.
I would not take that days d2d if they by passed them for the poll cards though. That is their workload
datasaint
Posts: 1541
Joined: 22 Sep 2008, 17:19
Gender: Male

Floater out of order

Post by datasaint »

Are you really going to begrudge a PT person making themselves a few extra quid. As a FTer you already get better basic pay, better sick pay, better holiday pay.
Kings Norton
Posts: 320
Joined: 20 Nov 2012, 17:20
Gender: Male

Floater out of order

Post by Kings Norton »

norm wrote:Are you really going to begrudge a PT person making themselves a few extra quid. As a FTer you already get better basic pay, better sick pay, better holiday pay.
Who said he is a part timer mate?
Kick the Bucket
Posts: 119
Joined: 14 Sep 2015, 19:22
Gender: Male

Floater out of order

Post by Kick the Bucket »

wacko74 wrote:£112 at around 5p each, doesn't that add up to around 2200 polling cards?
Easy for some walks. I have 1200 delivery points on my walk. At an average of 2 poll cards per residence I'll have well over that.
NewPostieUK
Posts: 2104
Joined: 06 Jan 2008, 21:38
Gender: Male
Location: SickAsAChipLand

Floater out of order

Post by NewPostieUK »

If I went in and someone had done all the poll cards, I'd be over the moon. I hate the damned things.

I want to start on time and go home on time and not have any stupid 'extras'.

We have to count 1000's of bits of paper? WTF it's 2017.