ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Customer saying they haven't received Tracked I delivered

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
peshwaarinaan
Posts: 381
Joined: 29 May 2015, 11:35
Gender: Female

Customer saying they haven't received Tracked I delivered

Post by peshwaarinaan »

Pulled up by Lino this morning. I delivered a Tracked last Thursday and customer rang yesterday (4 days later.....) dto say they haven't received it.

I clearly remember the item which I left in an enclosed porch.

Lino said DOM and another Lino will be going to see the customer tomorrow and said that if this happens again, action will be taken against me!!!!!! It's the customer's word against mine and from the looks of it, RM will be on the side of the customer. This is the first complaint I've had since I started two years ago.

Can anyone please tell me if this Lino is right? How can this be used against me in future when the customer is clearly trying it on.

Thanks in advance.
shepherdess
Posts: 445
Joined: 08 Jul 2009, 16:16
Gender: Female

Customer saying they haven't received Tracked I delivered

Post by shepherdess »

Never leave a parcel in the porch it's not secure and leaves you open to situations like this , no answer neighbour or card it
Lounge Lizard
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 9458
Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54

Customer saying they haven't received Tracked I delivered

Post by Lounge Lizard »

Did the Tracked item have a "Safeplace" instruction and is the "enclosed porch" within sight of the road ?
You could be fortunate "that if this happens again, action will be taken against" you and not action taken against you this time. :no no
Last edited by Lounge Lizard on 09 May 2017, 17:49, edited 1 time in total.
number one
Posts: 1324
Joined: 19 Aug 2009, 21:20
Gender: Male

Customer saying they haven't received Tracked I delivered

Post by number one »

If you scanned at the doorstep then the GPS on the PDA will back you up.
k979aaa
Posts: 12578
Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
Gender: Male
Location: THE NORTH

Customer saying they haven't received Tracked I delivered

Post by k979aaa »

peshwaarinaan wrote:Pulled up by Lino this morning. I delivered a Tracked last Thursday and customer rang yesterday (4 days later.....) dto say they haven't received it.

I clearly remember the item which I left in an enclosed porch.

Lino said DOM and another Lino will be going to see the customer tomorrow and said that if this happens again, action will be taken against me!!!!!! It's the customer's word against mine and from the looks of it, RM will be on the side of the customer. This is the first complaint I've had since I started two years ago.

Can anyone please tell me if this Lino is right? How can this be used against me in future when the customer is clearly trying it on.

Thanks in advance.
Did it go through the letter box?
peshwaarinaan
Posts: 381
Joined: 29 May 2015, 11:35
Gender: Female

Customer saying they haven't received Tracked I delivered

Post by peshwaarinaan »

Did it go through the letter box?
No it was a large packet.
peshwaarinaan
Posts: 381
Joined: 29 May 2015, 11:35
Gender: Female

Customer saying they haven't received Tracked I delivered

Post by peshwaarinaan »

number one wrote:If you scanned at the doorstep then the GPS on the PDA will back you up.
The GPS shows it being delivered. The van was parked in the street opposite and I must have sent it when I got back to the van.
Dexydog
Posts: 887
Joined: 14 Jan 2017, 13:54
Gender: Male

Customer saying they haven't received Tracked I delivered

Post by Dexydog »

I had one last week.
Tracked item, pulled up next morning, I posted it through the letterbox!!
Lino showed me on computer that it had been scanned at the correct address.
Still he had me going to see customer that day to see if they had "found" it.
Went 3 times that day, no answer.
Not heard a thing since.
The whole tracked/recorded/registered procedure is a joke.
At the end of the day it's your word against a customers who is clearly trying it on.
Lounge Lizard
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 9458
Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54

Customer saying they haven't received Tracked I delivered

Post by Lounge Lizard »

peshwaarinaan wrote:
number one wrote:If you scanned at the doorstep then the GPS on the PDA will back you up.
The GPS shows it being delivered. The van was parked in the street opposite and I must have sent it when I got back to the van.
But if it's in an insecure porch, especially within sight of the road, anyone could have taken it and then you're to blame. :thumbup
Not wishing to worry you but others have lost their job from just that. :wave
Momo90210
Posts: 54
Joined: 21 Apr 2011, 19:41
Gender: Male

Customer saying they haven't received Tracked I delivered

Post by Momo90210 »

Relax nothing will happen if you have left the item in their porch (safeplace) on their property and someone has actually stolen the parcel then it becomes a police issue. Royal mail keep banging on about wanting us to get rid of tracked items at all costs therefore you are only doing as instructed
k979aaa
Posts: 12578
Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
Gender: Male
Location: THE NORTH

Customer saying they haven't received Tracked I delivered

Post by k979aaa »

Momo90210 wrote:Relax nothing will happen if you have left the item in their porch (safeplace) on their property and someone has actually stolen the parcel then it becomes a police issue. Royal mail keep banging on about wanting us to get rid of tracked items at all costs therefore you are only doing as instructed
Still not safe if you know it is not safe other than that maybe the owners should make sure their homes are safe from intruders whoever they maybe!
Darren Bent
Posts: 2150
Joined: 05 Oct 2007, 15:38
Gender: Male
Location: Pride Park, Derby, DE24 8XL

Customer saying they haven't received Tracked I delivered

Post by Darren Bent »

Did you scan it and it will be on PDA history with GPS. it should be enough proof you have delivered it.
number one
Posts: 1324
Joined: 19 Aug 2009, 21:20
Gender: Male

Customer saying they haven't received Tracked I delivered

Post by number one »

Lad at my place was accused of not delivering a parcel after he had handed it over to a customer. Apparently the customer said it was an Ipad pro worth £1000. Next day postie went to the address, went round the back and looking in the blue recycling bin. Supeise surprise there was the empty box. He took it back to the office then Royal Mail security got involved and dealt with the customer. Got the usual from the customer, it must have been a misunderstanding.
clashcityrocker
Posts: 16700
Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
Gender: Male
Location: strummerville

Customer saying they haven't received Tracked I delivered

Post by clashcityrocker »

Darren Bent wrote:Did you scan it and it will be on PDA history with GPS. it should be enough proof you have delivered it.
If however he has left it in an unsecured porch he has wilfully breached the security of the mail.
A breach of the mail integrity is a sackable offence.
I think it is clearly stated in the guidelines that an unsecured porch is not a safe place.
If you can open the door to put the packet in, then anyone can open the door to take it back out.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
k979aaa
Posts: 12578
Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
Gender: Male
Location: THE NORTH

Customer saying they haven't received Tracked I delivered

Post by k979aaa »

Darren Bent wrote:Did you scan it and it will be on PDA history with GPS. it should be enough proof you have delivered it.
Delivered yes secure no depends upon how it was delivered and where it was left lot's of permutations could have happened be very careful how you answer those questions though.