ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Anyone else not getting correct overtime payment?
-
iHateD2Ds
- Posts: 548
- Joined: 16 Apr 2008, 16:33
Anyone else not getting correct overtime payment?
One guy in our office was paid 30 mins to short, and when he asked why,he was told ,it's because he finished before his time the week before!
Needless to say ,he will not be doing any overtime again.
Needless to say ,he will not be doing any overtime again.
-
I_Take_My_Breaks
- Posts: 55
- Joined: 07 Feb 2014, 09:13
- Gender: Male
Anyone else not getting correct overtime payment?
No such thing as banking of hours. Management are 100% wrong. Get them to pay up.iHateD2Ds wrote:One guy in our office was paid 30 mins to short, and when he asked why,he was told ,it's because he finished before his time the week before!
Needless to say ,he will not be doing any overtime again.
-
seeker019
- Posts: 203
- Joined: 04 Dec 2007, 16:49
- Gender: Male
Anyone else not getting correct overtime payment?
There's an overtime ban in my office plus they want to cut indoor hours to the bone. 
Trust Royal Mail? God help us all.....
-
eastie
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 2234
- Joined: 16 Jun 2011, 15:32
- Gender: Male
Anyone else not getting correct overtime payment?
don't go over and bring it back thenseeker019 wrote:There's an overtime ban in my office plus they want to cut indoor hours to the bone.
-
worktotime
- Posts: 2866
- Joined: 14 May 2010, 20:47
- Gender: Male
Anyone else not getting correct overtime payment?
tell your rep if you have one and don't go over until your paid what you are owed,iHateD2Ds wrote:One guy in our office was paid 30 mins to short, and when he asked why,he was told ,it's because he finished before his time the week before!
Needless to say ,he will not be doing any overtime again.
and if they don't pay stick a grievance in for with holding your money .
-
woopesh
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 230
- Joined: 30 Dec 2015, 22:02
- Gender: Male
Anyone else not getting correct overtime payment?
There is banking of hours during the same pay week. I have been told so by union reps and managers. This being Royal Mail I asked everyone I could. Also, everyone I know, and I mean everyone, has had problems with overtime being paid on time, some more frequently than others. As a reserve, I chase unpaid overtime on a third of my payslips between various offices. Some managers deliberately don't pay. I think for most of them though its low down their priority list.
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72733
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Anyone else not getting correct overtime payment?
I haven't seen or heard of that agreement I'd like to see it. It certainly isn't a National Agreement. I think they have caused confusion by applying the 30-minute flex incorrectly. it shouldn't be used for everyday occurrences such as overtime etc. It should only be used in unplanned or unforeseen circumstances such as a lorry or sorting machine breaking down, or a fire in the office.woopesh wrote:There is banking of hours during the same pay week.
It also shouldn't be used for covering sickness and certainly shouldn't be used because they didn't have enough work on one day, and too much on another.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
Nigel1505
- Posts: 409
- Joined: 10 Jun 2010, 08:24
- Gender: Male
Anyone else not getting correct overtime payment?
Overtime...............What's that. 6.30 til 2.30 that's enough.
-
robbertwhitton
- Posts: 1132
- Joined: 30 Aug 2010, 19:06
- Gender: Male
Anyone else not getting correct overtime payment?
What a well managed and fair system this overtime debakal has become,? And they wonder why nobody wants it or does it anymore,it obviously varies from office to office,depending on how efficient you are or are not?? And I don't want to be begging for 30 mins here and there or whatever,I have enough to do thankyou,and not a fan of people getting it and still going home before me and there time ,I'm funny like that !!
-
woopesh
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 230
- Joined: 30 Dec 2015, 22:02
- Gender: Male
Anyone else not getting correct overtime payment?
Interesting. So it can be a local agreement? Maybe the union reps I have talked to have been in cahoots with management?TrueBlueTerrier wrote:I haven't seen or heard of that agreement I'd like to see it. It certainly isn't a National Agreement. I think they have caused confusion by applying the 30-minute flex incorrectly. it shouldn't be used for everyday occurrences such as overtime etc. It should only be used in unplanned or unforeseen circumstances such as a lorry or sorting machine breaking down, or a fire in the office.woopesh wrote:There is banking of hours during the same pay week.
It also shouldn't be used for covering sickness and certainly shouldn't be used because they didn't have enough work on one day, and too much on another.
Also, I always wondered. How is it trueblue that you know so much and how would one go about getting your level of knowledge?
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72733
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Anyone else not getting correct overtime payment?
I am one of the sad ones that read all the agreements cover to cover. I am also lucky enough to have a good recall for facts and figures, probably because some of my many jobs include 3 years as personnel administrator, 3 years as a Personal Administrator, and 2 years as a specialised quasi-legal clerk, all those help me remember things that affect me and my colleagues.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
Destiny
- Posts: 200
- Joined: 29 Dec 2010, 10:18
- Gender: Male
- Location: North
Anyone else not getting correct overtime payment?
Failing reaching sensible outcome I'd get you too put a grievance in and get the Rep to put a disagreement, emailing also by PDF to all relevant party's also.iHateD2Ds wrote:One guy in our office was paid 30 mins to short, and when he asked why,he was told ,it's because he finished before his time the week before!
Needless to say ,he will not be doing any overtime again.
If it's job & finish at yours then don't bother as outcome will far out way 30 mins.
-
woopesh
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 230
- Joined: 30 Dec 2015, 22:02
- Gender: Male
Anyone else not getting correct overtime payment?
Are they all online somewhere? Would love to be as sad as you.TrueBlueTerrier wrote:I am one of the sad ones that read all the agreements cover to cover. I am also lucky enough to have a good recall for facts and figures, probably because some of my many jobs include 3 years as personnel administrator, 3 years as a Personal Administrator, and 2 years as a specialised quasi-legal clerk, all those help me remember things that affect me and my colleagues.
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72733
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Anyone else not getting correct overtime payment?
We have got most in the downloads section and some of the Unions Branch websites are gold mines Particularly Eastern No5.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
woopesh
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 230
- Joined: 30 Dec 2015, 22:02
- Gender: Male
Anyone else not getting correct overtime payment?
Ta.TrueBlueTerrier wrote:We have got most in the downloads section and some of the Unions Branch websites are gold mines Particularly Eastern No5.