ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Reducing contracted hours from 29 to 16

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Deluxe2D
Posts: 2
Joined: 17 Sep 2015, 21:40
Gender: Male

Reducing contracted hours from 29 to 16

Post by Deluxe2D »

Hi there, I am currently on a 29 and a quarter hour contract (to be precise) :crazy: and I'm looking to drop my hours to 16 hours over 2-3 days a week if possible as I'm going back to college part time (Tuesday-Wednesday-Thursday). Will RM be accomodating? I dont know of anyone else in the same situation in my office so thought here would be the best place to ask. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
lightningpostman
Posts: 271
Joined: 22 Apr 2015, 20:54
Gender: Male

Reducing contracted hours from 29 to 16

Post by lightningpostman »

Deluxe2D wrote:Hi there, I am currently on a 29 and a quarter hour contract (to be precise) :crazy: and I'm looking to drop my hours to 16 hours over 2-3 days a week if possible as I'm going back to college part time (Tuesday-Wednesday-Thursday). Will RM be accomodating? I dont know of anyone else in the same situation in my office so thought here would be the best place to ask. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
dom has done similar things in our office, saturday only,

wednes/thurs/fri/sat staff so speak to the dom
Shaders
Posts: 218
Joined: 22 Jun 2010, 07:47
Gender: Male
Location: Oop North

Reducing contracted hours from 29 to 16

Post by Shaders »

All you can do is ask.
I have to say RM has been brilliant to me over the years with my hours going up and down
When I joined 13 years ago I was full time, kids started school so I bought down my hours to 28 so I could do the school runs.
When kids started at secondary school and caught the bus there and back it coincided with the revision so I went back up.
Could have had full time but took 34 hours as much better walk.
South_London_Postie
Posts: 306
Joined: 18 Nov 2016, 19:58
Gender: Male

Reducing contracted hours from 29 to 16

Post by South_London_Postie »

Depends on your office, from my experience would have no chance getting out of saturdays as the doms are adamant we are needed for saturdays.
Deluxe2D
Posts: 2
Joined: 17 Sep 2015, 21:40
Gender: Male

Reducing contracted hours from 29 to 16

Post by Deluxe2D »

Thanks very much for all your replies. I will be at college Tuesday Wednesday Thursday so I'm happy to work all Saturdays if it means I can reduce my hours. I will speak to my DOM about it tomorrow