ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Business improvement

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
blackburn12
Posts: 3
Joined: 19 Jul 2016, 18:47
Gender: Male

Business improvement

Post by blackburn12 »

Hello everyone. Recently, like most people who work for RM I filled in the employee survey and I noticed a little section where you can fill in comments. Not entirely sure if the powers that be take on board what is written in that section and I hope they do. This brings me to my post. Currently I am writing a business improvement plan from the perspective of a postperson. Some people will say it's a waste of time as nothing ever gets done but I have secured a meeting with very high management within Royal Mail to listen to what the staff have to say. This has probably been attempted in the past but as staff members we need to voice our potential improvements. If anybody has any ideas of how the business can be improved please post a reply and if it's an idea that's positive I will add it. I have a degree in business management with honours so personally I can see and propose the way forward. Any negative posts will be ignored as well any derogatory comments. Let's get together and make our workplace great again.

Thanks
maisymoo04
Posts: 2226
Joined: 07 Apr 2010, 17:11
Gender: Male
Location: You dont want to no

Business improvement

Post by maisymoo04 »

sure your not a manager already Blackburn just saying :nervous ;liar
"Some day I will have the bottle to take the money"
rubberbond
Posts: 1497
Joined: 24 Aug 2014, 16:03
Gender: Male

Business improvement

Post by rubberbond »

Of all the surveys I've filled in, as an employee of Royal Mail. I've yet to see any improvement, the opposite in actual fact,things are definitely getting worse,with little sign of anything changing soon.
Terrible company,great job, ( outdoor element, anyway).
Mopbrush
Posts: 2
Joined: 28 Nov 2013, 09:48
Gender: Male

Business improvement

Post by Mopbrush »

Our place at the moment is full of people having breakdowns, many on anti-depressants, being bullied, the toilets when in use smell like the devils crotch, same couple of people grabbing any overtime and pestering the boss so they get to work their days off.The rats have long left the canteen as it resembles a squatters den. Trying to get any uniform is like trying to get a BJ off Keith Richards. People walking around in shoes that wouldn't fetch 10p in a charity shop !! People's feet, knees totally ruined by this !!!
Used to be a decent job, decent office but like the rest of the UK posties it's becoming a job I wouldn't recommend to anybody!!! Loads I could add but gotta go pub !!
mopbrush
Mopbrush
Posts: 2
Joined: 28 Nov 2013, 09:48
Gender: Male

Business improvement

Post by Mopbrush »

Blackburn12,
I take it the office your based at is Blackburn ? Or are you Tony Blackburns 12th son ?
greengiant
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1268
Joined: 24 Mar 2014, 19:40
Gender: Male

Business improvement

Post by greengiant »

Good on you blackburn12. I hope the meetings are productive.
rehabron
Posts: 1372
Joined: 01 Jul 2012, 18:43
Gender: Male

Business improvement

Post by rehabron »

Isn't that what the WTL&L is for especially the listening and learning? Post Employee Surveys after final completion bulletins are published on the notice board stating the improvements have been made as a result of these surveys yet I have still to see where it is mutually beneficial to the business and the employees. " Blackburn 12" you just have to read the stories published on this site highlighting the day to day bully and harassment that employees are encountering from management to reach an end product which on paper according to management is achievable but in reality is virtually impossible. Wish you all the best in your endeavours in consultation with higher management but if they cannot honour past national agreements then I am of the opinion your approach though well meaning won't get off the starting blocks.
General Mannerheim
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 2299
Joined: 14 Dec 2007, 13:10
Gender: Male
Location: Stalag 17

Business improvement

Post by General Mannerheim »

Sounds like management fishing expedition to me. :roll:

This is why I never say feck all in WTL or any staff meetings as the turds just want you to come up with some idea then they can pinch it. :cuppa
Royal Mail managers.....about as popular as a t.urd in a swimming pool!
The DDA/Equality Act demands action,NOT words......adjustments NOT Occupational Health referrals.Case No:2505901/09
Royal Mail is an Equal Opportunities Employer..It discriminates against everybody.
Decky Boy
Posts: 440
Joined: 22 May 2009, 10:00
Gender: Male

Business improvement

Post by Decky Boy »

blackburn12 wrote: I have a degree in business management with honours so personally I can see and propose the way forward. Thanks
Many of us have been in the business a number of years now... and know what should be done to increase efficiency and profitability sensibly :hmmmm . Taking the business forward is a job for management... that they (management) are giving you couch time is encouraging..... however as a CWU member I have skilled negotiators putting forward plans and ideas as we speak :wave I note your joining of this Forum only last year ???

With all due respect many of us felt as you do when we first joined Royal Mail ... you do not need a business management degree to understand many of the failings we currently experience... and to suggest you are somehow the answer to all our pension and pay and conditions woes... is quite frankly fanciful. I wish you well... but doubt if those in management who intend meeting with you will be really listening.

Are you a CWU member ?
clashcityrocker
Posts: 16700
Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
Gender: Male
Location: strummerville

Business improvement

Post by clashcityrocker »

blackburn12 wrote: I have secured a meeting with very high management within Royal Mail .
It is going to descend into a lizard thread I can feel it.
Long time since we have had one so maybe it isn't a bad thing.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
psyCrowe
Posts: 57
Joined: 23 Feb 2016, 12:28
Gender: Male

Business improvement

Post by psyCrowe »

rehabron wrote:Isn't that what the WTL&L is for especially the listening and learning? Post Employee Surveys after final completion bulletins are published on the notice board stating the improvements have been made as a result of these surveys yet I have still to see where it is mutually beneficial to the business and the employees. " Blackburn 12" you just have to read the stories published on this site highlighting the day to day bully and harassment that employees are encountering from management to reach an end product which on paper according to management is achievable but in reality is virtually impossible. Wish you all the best in your endeavours in consultation with higher management but if they cannot honour past national agreements then I am of the opinion your approach though well meaning won't get off the starting blocks.
Don't be silly, that time is reserved especially for lapsing, is it not? I thought that was just the norm. :hmmmm
Destiny
Posts: 200
Joined: 29 Dec 2010, 10:18
Gender: Male
Location: North

Business improvement

Post by Destiny »

See your all over Facebook looking for others to do your work also.
Just ..... :speak to the hand
hazzeem025
Posts: 280
Joined: 11 Oct 2009, 18:09
Gender: Male

Business improvement

Post by hazzeem025 »

How about they realise there is only so much cost cutting you can do? Perhaps actually go out and win some new contracts instead of being obsessed with lapsing duties, which saves nothing in most offices because Wed-Fri most people end up booking overtime due to the lapsing! Stand up to Ofcom. Realise that a happy workforce is a productive workforce! Employ managers that have experience of working in delivery offices. Not graduates who to put it bluntly haven't got a clue how to manage people while trying to manage a budget.
General Mannerheim
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 2299
Joined: 14 Dec 2007, 13:10
Gender: Male
Location: Stalag 17

Business improvement

Post by General Mannerheim »

clashcityrocker wrote:
blackburn12 wrote: I have secured a meeting with very high management within Royal Mail .
It is going to descend into a lizard thread I can feel it.
Long time since we have had one so maybe it isn't a bad thing.
I like the cut of your jib. :Very Happy
Royal Mail managers.....about as popular as a t.urd in a swimming pool!
The DDA/Equality Act demands action,NOT words......adjustments NOT Occupational Health referrals.Case No:2505901/09
Royal Mail is an Equal Opportunities Employer..It discriminates against everybody.
postslippete
Posts: 4194
Joined: 14 Jul 2014, 16:27
Gender: Male

Business improvement

Post by postslippete »

Focus on what we are good at. Getting the mail delivered 1st thing.
On the face of it, shareholder value is the dumbest idea in the world.