ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Annual leave purchase cancelled by DOM

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
yes_Postman
Posts: 4
Joined: 30 Nov 2009, 21:05
Gender: Male

Annual leave purchase cancelled by DOM

Post by yes_Postman »

I was away on special leave for a while. I continuously purchased additional holidays for years previously. My DOM cancelled my purchase while I was away, without informing me and without my consent. Now he blames HR that they don't allow him to renew my purchase on my return, because purchasing extra holidays should be done before end of February.

I think his cancellation is invalid without my agreement and HR should grant me with right to purchasing holidays for this year too.
Also my Carrier Break Agreement clearly: "on return you will maintain continuity of service for pension, annual leave entitlement and and seniority purposes ..."

Can I appeal to HR or to elsewhere directly ignoring my DOM?
doorstepped
Posts: 1063
Joined: 10 Oct 2011, 23:17
Gender: Male
Location: Somewhere west of London

Annual leave purchase cancelled by DOM

Post by doorstepped »

your purchase of Annual leave continues until YOU stop it.
your DOM has cancelled it, HR will not have done so without your DOM cancelling it via PSP ( it is also added the first time you apply on PSP by your dom )

grievance in would be my next port of call.
A2B
Posts: 2029
Joined: 25 Feb 2009, 19:34
Gender: Male

Annual leave purchase cancelled by DOM

Post by A2B »

You were on a Career Break? Don't know how these work but i'd guess everything stops at the payroll end of things until you resume working for RM so i'd guess that's were it's gone wrong
yes_Postman
Posts: 4
Joined: 30 Nov 2009, 21:05
Gender: Male

Annual leave purchase cancelled by DOM

Post by yes_Postman »

A2B wrote:You were on a Career Break? Don't know how these work but i'd guess everything stops at the payroll end of things until you resume working for RM so i'd guess that's were it's gone wrong
you right everything is stopped and supposed to resume without changes on return, but it doesn't matter where it went wrong, athough to simplify it : my DOM messed it up. The question is how to force RM to restore the original state.
yes_Postman
Posts: 4
Joined: 30 Nov 2009, 21:05
Gender: Male

Annual leave purchase cancelled by DOM

Post by yes_Postman »

doorstepped wrote:your purchase of Annual leave continues until YOU stop it.
your DOM has cancelled it, HR will not have done so without your DOM cancelling it via PSP ( it is also added the first time you apply on PSP by your dom )

grievance in would be my next port of call.
I might try it, thx
number one
Posts: 1324
Joined: 19 Aug 2009, 21:20
Gender: Male

Annual leave purchase cancelled by DOM

Post by number one »

Were you still being paid when you were off?? If not in might have been stopped automatically as you were not purchasing any.
A2B
Posts: 2029
Joined: 25 Feb 2009, 19:34
Gender: Male

Annual leave purchase cancelled by DOM

Post by A2B »

number one wrote:Were you still being paid when you were off?? If not in might have been stopped automatically as you were not purchasing any.
And also did you return to work before the cutoff date?
yes_Postman
Posts: 4
Joined: 30 Nov 2009, 21:05
Gender: Male

Annual leave purchase cancelled by DOM

Post by yes_Postman »

I wasn't paid whike I was away and I returned on date. Though it wasn't the first time I went on a Carrier Break, they resume everything on return if there are no "accidents"

They stopped because my DOM cancelled it while I was away.

He did it without my consent even without informing me. He did it accidentally he says.
Creditshampoo
Posts: 1189
Joined: 06 Oct 2014, 19:48
Gender: Male

Annual leave purchase cancelled by DOM

Post by Creditshampoo »

I applied for more annual leave and have just realised I haven't had any money deducted from my wages in April yet? Does this mean they've decided to fob it off? Grievance?
Stewface
Posts: 47
Joined: 01 Feb 2015, 18:12
Gender: Male

Annual leave purchase cancelled by DOM

Post by Stewface »

The way I understand it is, that POAL continues unless you cancel it or you have 10 years service, when you automatically get 30 days leave.

Have you just done 10 years service?

If your DOM has made a "mistake" surely it can be corrected, if the DOM wants to..............

Good luck.
60091
Posts: 95
Joined: 15 Jul 2009, 17:15
Gender: Male

Annual leave purchase cancelled by DOM

Post by 60091 »

You get 5 weeks when you've done 15 years service then 6 weeks for 20 years :roll: