ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Will I lose my job
-
Gorgonzola
- Posts: 4
- Joined: 02 Feb 2016, 19:14
- Gender: Male
Will I lose my job
Hi everyone just need a bit of advice if you missed scanning 2 tracked items in the last week and have had counselling by manager do you get put through conduct code and get dismissed

-
kingeric
- Posts: 133
- Joined: 12 Jan 2013, 13:45
- Gender: Male
Will I lose my job
Gorgonzola wrote:Hi everyone just need a bit of advice if you missed scanning 2 tracked items in the last week and have had counselling by manager do you get put through conduct code and get dismissed![]()
In a word no.
You may get a talking to and maybe a conduct if your manager is harsh but it's definitely not enough to be dismissed.
I know guys that have lost specials and still have jobs and that's more serious
-
gone postal
- Posts: 98
- Joined: 16 May 2012, 19:30
- Gender: Male
Will I lose my job
Just tell them you think you could do with a little coaching. Always stumps them!!! 
-
raged1999
- Posts: 29
- Joined: 10 Apr 2010, 17:38
- Gender: Male
Will I lose my job
Are you saying that, you have already had counselling for the two missed items? Or have you had counselling and then missed the 2 items after counselling? If it is the former, then, no further action is likely to be taken.. The counselling is part of the Conduct Code. If it is the latter, then, you could be asked in to a fact finding meeting to ascertain the facts of why they were missed. Then, a conduct may be considered. I very much doubt it would get anywhere near dismissal. Don't worry yourself too much.Gorgonzola wrote:Hi everyone just need a bit of advice if you missed scanning 2 tracked items in the last week and have had counselling by manager do you get put through conduct code and get dismissed![]()
-
worktotime
- Posts: 2866
- Joined: 14 May 2010, 20:47
- Gender: Male
Will I lose my job
no , COACHING ,
-
TheTrolleyMan
- Posts: 776
- Joined: 13 Mar 2017, 15:39
- Gender: Male
Will I lose my job
Maybe there was a problem with your PDA
-
Gorgonzola
- Posts: 4
- Joined: 02 Feb 2016, 19:14
- Gender: Male
Will I lose my job
Thanks for the replys very helpful
-
greengiant
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1268
- Joined: 24 Mar 2014, 19:40
- Gender: Male
Will I lose my job
Are you sure you didn't scan the item, heard the PDA beep, hand the item to the customer, and after you went away and gone to press the delivered option you noticed the PDA hadn't picked up the barcode?
I really shouldn't worry about dismissal being on the cards, at worst you could get "coached" to take better care in future?
I really shouldn't worry about dismissal being on the cards, at worst you could get "coached" to take better care in future?
-
robbertwhitton
- Posts: 1132
- Joined: 30 Aug 2010, 19:06
- Gender: Male
Will I lose my job
Get a grip!! Nobody died!! Am sure there are worse things to worry about,but understand your worry,in this climate they probably make a thing of it in there culture of fear!!
-
Dorset Plodder
- Posts: 4351
- Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
- Gender: Male
Will I lose my job
What is this company coming to? I appreciate you're worried about it but try not to be. I'm probably a bit more abrasive character but I'm sure I'd have been tempted to say "Missed 2 Tracked Items.....you're having a f***ing laugh aren't you....what's the problem...effecting your bonus"? Dick head managers and they wonder why nobody wants to help them out! 
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
-
iHateD2Ds
- Posts: 548
- Joined: 16 Apr 2008, 16:33
Will I lose my job
How can It be proven that you received the item for delivery? Item could have been mis sorted and sent to another office.
Unless there is a checklist stating what tracked you have in your possession from delivery I would tell them to bollocks.
Unless there is a checklist stating what tracked you have in your possession from delivery I would tell them to bollocks.
-
fishtank
- Posts: 19732
- Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
- Gender: Male
Will I lose my job
Don't know how many times this needs to be said.iHateD2Ds wrote:How can It be proven.......
Burden of proof is for courts and lawyers, all that's required here is reasonable belief.
What's the missort rate for Tracked items?, even if it was as high as 10% which it isn't that would still leave a 90% probability that the OP had the item, that's reasonable belief.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
-
Dorset Plodder
- Posts: 4351
- Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
- Gender: Male
Will I lose my job
We do have all Tracked assigned to each duty by the guys booking in the Tracked items. So in this instance it could be traced to an individual duty. Although they have been know to get addresses mixed up and put "Your" Tracked item in someone else's York. So there's still room for mistakes. Just like the odd occasion when a SPECIAL turns up in the normal Redskin full of packets!iHateD2Ds wrote:How can It be proven that you received the item for delivery? Item could have been mis sorted and sent to another office.
Unless there is a checklist stating what tracked you have in your possession from delivery I would tell them to bollocks.
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
-
rubberbond
- Posts: 1497
- Joined: 24 Aug 2014, 16:03
- Gender: Male
Will I lose my job
Well put, demand that they orove it beyond a reasonable doubt. What if you get back from your duty to find the thing on the bench,which is not uncommon, there are so many defences to this absurd process, if only people stopped accepting management bullyingfishtank wrote:Don't know how many times this needs to be said.iHateD2Ds wrote:How can It be proven.......
Burden of proof is for courts and lawyers, all that's required here is reasonable belief.
What's the missort rate for Tracked items?, even if it was as high as 10% which it isn't that would still leave a 90% probability that the OP had the item, that's reasonable belief.
-
jetblack
- Posts: 974
- Joined: 15 Apr 2011, 12:54
- Gender: Male
Will I lose my job
Possibly - but given that the OP hasn't scanned the item the probability of himself not having received the item in the first place would, I'd argue, be much greater than 10%.fishtank wrote:iHateD2Ds wrote:How can It be proven.......
What's the missort rate for Tracked items?, even if it was as high as 10% which it isn't that would still leave a 90% probability that the OP had the item, that's reasonable belief.
Or, put another way (and lets say for the sake of argument that trackeds, when they don't get missorted etc, are always scanned and delivered correctly) - although there is a 10% chance of a tracked not going the correct route, if you are the postman on the route that the missorted tracked is destined for, the probability of you not scanning/delivering said lost item is 100%, or 1.
What is the reasonable belief now ?
Seems to me that "reasonable belief" is a euphemism for sacking on a whim.
Good security means trying to limit the damage a Trusted role can do