ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
2d barcodes .
-
worktotime
- Posts: 2866
- Joined: 14 May 2010, 20:47
- Gender: Male
2d barcodes .
hi can you tell me if you just scan parcels with these or is it anything with these on , as we are told to just do the parcels , any info from any processing staff on this.
-
TheTrolleyMan
- Posts: 776
- Joined: 13 Mar 2017, 15:39
- Gender: Male
2d barcodes .
Same at our office mate . We're told to just scan packets only even though loads of catalogues have a 2D code on them .
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72733
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
2d barcodes .
We scan anything that has a 2D bar code printed by the Post Office.
Any barcodes that are printed on to a letter inside an envelope, and that includes catalogues, DO NOT NEED to be scanned.
Any barcodes that are printed on to a letter inside an envelope, and that includes catalogues, DO NOT NEED to be scanned.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
worktotime
- Posts: 2866
- Joined: 14 May 2010, 20:47
- Gender: Male
2d barcodes .
oh right because we had screwfix and some other catalogues with 2d barcodes and when scanned where going through as delivered and where not saying invalid barcode , so I just wondered .TrueBlueTerrier wrote:We scan anything that has a 2D bar code printed by the Post Office.
Any barcodes that are printed on to a letter inside an envelope, and that includes catalogues, DO NOT NEED to be scanned.
-
Phantom
- Posts: 1234
- Joined: 27 Dec 2007, 18:17
- Gender: Female
- Location: New York
2d barcodes .
And there is no extra time built in to do 2D, Tracked and Collections for delivery staff, remember that.
CUT OFF!!!
-
Lounge Lizard
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 9458
- Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54
2d barcodes .
We've not been told that.TrueBlueTerrier wrote:We scan anything that has a 2D bar code printed by the Post Office.
Any barcodes that are printed on to a letter inside an envelope, and that includes catalogues, DO NOT NEED to be scanned.
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72733
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
2d barcodes .
I checked the screwfix catalogues today and as far as I know they shouldn't be scanned, only Royal Mail and PO ones should. The ones on Screfix are a DSA company and I think they use them to process them through their own system. Certainly I doubt RM are being paid to scan them so I think there is no need.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
ScousePostie
- Posts: 273
- Joined: 29 Jan 2015, 12:26
- Gender: Male
2d barcodes .
Looks like this is still a grey area with some areas. There are 2D barcodes everywhere on some mail. The only ones that posties should be scanning are the Type 9 ones, see link.
http://www.icomunico.com/wp-content/upl ... rcodes.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.icomunico.com/wp-content/upl ... rcodes.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;