I've been selected for dury duty and day off falls on a Thursday, obviously being on dury duty getting Thursday off is out of the question, I've been told I need to go in to work on the Saturday basically meaning I go without a day off, is this the case?
I thought if I was on dury duty mon-fri I would be entitled to the Saturday.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Jury Duty
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72733
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Jury Duty
Print this link and shove it in front of your manager. http://info.wandsworth.gov.uk/nici4s/pa ... loyers.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;Postiebear wrote:I've been selected for dury duty and day off falls on a Thursday, obviously being on dury duty getting Thursday off is out of the question, I've been told I need to go in to work on the Saturday basically meaning I go without a day off, is this the case?
I thought if I was on dury duty mon-fri I would be entitled to the Saturday.
Can my employee continue to work night shifts or weekends?
It is important that jurors are sufficiently fit and alert in order to carry out their important
public duty. Therefore we would recommend that they should not be made to work night
shifts before they are due in Court, or work weekends if this means that they do not have a
break from either jury service or their job for seven days.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
bmccoll
- Posts: 190
- Joined: 21 Sep 2015, 22:19
- Gender: Male
Jury Duty
Jury duty (M-F) should be viewed as being within your work hours and so Saturday off is a certainty. I don't know the procedure now, but when I did it aeons ago, your RM pay was stopped for the days you were on jury and you had to claim it back from the court plus expenses. If you also do SA, you should also claim for that.
-
Judgee
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 2262
- Joined: 23 Oct 2007, 15:18
Jury Duty
When I did it I was paid by rm as normal. At the end of jury service I claimed expenses which included wages. When I received it from the courts I had to pay back rm. They give you the option of paying it back gradually over the weeks and it's deducted directly out of your wages. You will not go without pay whilst on jury service!bmccoll wrote:Jury duty (M-F) should be viewed as being within your work hours and so Saturday off is a certainty. I don't know the procedure now, but when I did it aeons ago, your RM pay was stopped for the days you were on jury and you had to claim it back from the court plus expenses. If you also do SA, you should also claim for that.
Union what Union? Do we have a union?