Long story short hopefully. Started RM 3rd Jan after transfer from PF. Told manager had holidays left. After maybe 6 weeks going back and forurth manager says I have no holidays. 2 weeks later next manager gladly helps and says I have holidays left 3.5 days plus maybe carry over. 1st manager lying.
This next manager tells main manager I have holidays left, main manager says I can't have them, i'll have be paid. PF will have pay RM, RM will pay me for outstanding leave. Ring HR, HR say BS. I am entitled to my holidays.
2-3 weeks later speak to union rep, union rep yesterday speaks to original manager who now tells me that they have no budget for my holidays and that PF will have to transfer the remainder of my holiday budget to them in order to pay me for my leave. So PF depot I was working for send over X amount of £s to the RM depot i'm at now.
Is this correct? Apparently this is how other RM depots work. 1 guy asks for transfer, has holidays left, gets transfer and the old depot transfers the remainder part of the budget for the guys holidays over to them to cover leave?
Spoke to HR 10 mins ago, not their problem, it's local issue. Said speak to manager and manager above if no luck who have both lied to me. See above.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Holiday Leave Again.
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72733
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Holiday Leave Again.
Need clarification. Is this untaken holiday from when you were at Parcelforce. Or is it holidays you are accrued since starting at Royal Mail.
If you started as a new employee on 3 Jan this year - you should have roughly 7 days accrued anyway, and you have every right to take that within this leave year (ending April)
If they are a hangover from your days at Parcelforce then I am unsure what can be done about it. But this may be a case for a grievance, not against any manager, but against the system, this way someone has to take responsibility and get you both an answer and get it sorted.
If you started as a new employee on 3 Jan this year - you should have roughly 7 days accrued anyway, and you have every right to take that within this leave year (ending April)
If they are a hangover from your days at Parcelforce then I am unsure what can be done about it. But this may be a case for a grievance, not against any manager, but against the system, this way someone has to take responsibility and get you both an answer and get it sorted.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
wacko74
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1572
- Joined: 04 Apr 2009, 20:35
- Gender: Male
Holiday Leave Again.
Can you be paid for unused leave?
Didn't know that was an option?
Didn't know that was an option?
-
smok3y666
- Posts: 753
- Joined: 21 Dec 2008, 10:47
- Gender: Male
Holiday Leave Again.
I have 3.5 days holidays left for this year plus 24 hours carried over from previous year.
-
AceMark
- Posts: 50
- Joined: 08 Feb 2017, 20:17
- Gender: Male
Holiday Leave Again.
Usually when you hand in your notice with a company, your paid any outstanding holidays. So for instance if you have to give 4 weeks notice and had 3 weeks holiday remaining, you would work a week and be paid for the remainder. This would give you 3 weeks worth of pay before you started a new job. Or if you started a new job before the 3 weeks were up, it would just be extra money in your pocket, however it would be your own responsibility to take your 3 weeks remaining annual leave.
In short PF should have paid and issued you any remaining holidays before you were transferred to Royal Mail.
Hope this helps.
In short PF should have paid and issued you any remaining holidays before you were transferred to Royal Mail.
Hope this helps.