ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Inaccessible posting boxes

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Bluehaze
Posts: 1
Joined: 24 Feb 2017, 16:44
Gender: Male

Inaccessible posting boxes

Post by Bluehaze »

Hi collection/distribution people, I'm new on here but need to ask you a question.

Do any of you know of RM posting boxes that are actually on private land and are "guarded" by signage i.e. Private, keep out, etc. or obstructions that prevents Joe Public from actually using the boxes?

It wasn't until recently, after retiring a few years ago from RM, that I used to collect from one such box.
I went to post a letter there and now can't, due to signs of 'Private' and physical obstructions preventing me.
I obtained confirmation the box is still emptied daily, as according to the local collection manager, there is rarely anything in it except earwigs and snails.

RM Customer advisors say I can go and post my letter, but won't represent me in court if the landowner prosecutes me for trespass, as there is no Public Right of Way! How does that work?
So, is it ok for a wealthy, titled landowner to have his own private RM post box and private collection service, 6 days a week for nothing? :no no

Perhaps this one box is the only box like it in the whole UK and they are turning a blind eye and swallowing the expense of the posties wasted time and diesel, etc. but I doubt it.........
With the recent announcement of 2000 new boxes to be rolled out, surely relocation of these inaccessible boxes would save RM some money for your wages!

Let's highlight how many there are and perhaps we could bring pressure to relocate these "privileged" boxes, so more of the poorer public can actually use them.

Box number, location and respective office, oh and contents of box, if any, please..........

Blue