ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Job vacancy at a millitant run office.
-
postiewhite
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 619
- Joined: 23 Jul 2013, 18:38
- Gender: Male
Job vacancy at a millitant run office.
There is a job I can go for which has a very strong union. Is this a good thing? Thinking of putting im a transfer due to more hours .
-
Creditshampoo
- Posts: 1189
- Joined: 06 Oct 2014, 19:48
- Gender: Male
Job vacancy at a millitant run office.
Why would a strong union be considered a negative?
-
postiewhite
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 619
- Joined: 23 Jul 2013, 18:38
- Gender: Male
Job vacancy at a millitant run office.
I think basically what im saying is a military office a good thing?
-
South_London_Postie
- Posts: 306
- Joined: 18 Nov 2016, 19:58
- Gender: Male
Job vacancy at a millitant run office.
I'd take a strong union presence over an average office any day!!!!' We are stronger together.
-
postiewhite
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 619
- Joined: 23 Jul 2013, 18:38
- Gender: Male
Job vacancy at a millitant run office.
Thank youSouth_London_Postie wrote:I'd take a strong union presence over an average office any day!!!!' We are stronger together.
-
worktotime
- Posts: 2866
- Joined: 14 May 2010, 20:47
- Gender: Male
Job vacancy at a millitant run office.
to right it ispostiewhite wrote:I think basically what im saying is a military office a good thing?
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72733
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Job vacancy at a millitant run office.
postiewhite wrote:I think basically what im saying is a military office a good thing?
Depends, are you a Union member and do you accept and stick to the principles that come with that membership. If you do you'll enjoy working there, if you don't, or you are looking at becoming a manager at some point, then perhaps you won't.
It will probably mean no early finishes, using all the mandatory equipment and an occasional trip to the gates. But it will mean less lapsing and less pressure created because of a desire to finish on time.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
Dorset Plodder
- Posts: 4351
- Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
- Gender: Male
Job vacancy at a millitant run office.
Can't see the problem. Hopefully you'll end up with a realistic workload and minimum Management BS!
Better than working with a Bunch of Spineless Jelly Fish that are only in it for themselves!
Better than working with a Bunch of Spineless Jelly Fish that are only in it for themselves!
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
-
postiewhite
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 619
- Joined: 23 Jul 2013, 18:38
- Gender: Male
Job vacancy at a millitant run office.
Yes im a union member. Will they have something to say if I get offered OT and take it though?
-
Pompey Boy
- Posts: 428
- Joined: 14 Jul 2009, 22:30
- Gender: Male
Job vacancy at a millitant run office.
When you get there make a point of making yourself known to the union reps. Tell them that the old place wasn't quite as strong when it came to the CWU and that you would appreciate their advice from time to time about how the office runs etc. You should be fine 
How much worse can it get? A LOT F****** WORSE !!!
-
postiewhite
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 619
- Joined: 23 Jul 2013, 18:38
- Gender: Male
Job vacancy at a millitant run office.
Actually that is pretty true. In my current office we have "runners" that get back an hour early and we are currently working on a job and knock basis which is cheesing a few people off especially with longer duties. My main concern is making sure I get a Saturday off, at least 1 in 6, being a reserve I usually have to ask for a Saturday otherwise I won't get it so hopefully this should be in place if it's all by the book. I have since applied for this transfer (both parties happy) and have made steps to contact the manager who tells me there are duties on the board that are being advertised so I might even get lucky there. Sometimes I think you have to make the jump if you have a chance of getting somewhere especially when Ive no chance of escaping being a reserve, may or may not pay off.Pompey Boy wrote:When you get there make a point of making yourself known to the union reps. Tell them that the old place wasn't quite as strong when it came to the CWU and that you would appreciate their advice from time to time about how the office runs etc. You should be fine
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72733
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Job vacancy at a millitant run office.
postiewhite wrote:Yes im a union member. Will they have something to say if I get offered OT and take it though?
No as long as you gen up on the local method of giving it out (or getting it) and stick to it you'll be fine.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
delfranklin1969
- Posts: 83
- Joined: 09 Jul 2015, 17:03
- Gender: Male
Job vacancy at a millitant run office.
I work in a union heavy office and I have to say I really like it (still lots of problems mind as always!), they really got your back and have absolutely no problem if you do OT as long as you do the job right. Plus it keeps the managers in check!postiewhite wrote:Yes im a union member. Will they have something to say if I get offered OT and take it though?
-
FinishOnTime
- Posts: 153
- Joined: 25 Apr 2013, 16:37
- Gender: Male
Job vacancy at a millitant run office.
I've worked in both types of office, one a strong one with great reps and a sense of you're all in it together, and the other where everyone looks after themselves and look on the Union like an insurance policy where they're only bothered if they're in the muck.
No prizes for guessing which is the best to work in.
No prizes for guessing which is the best to work in.
-
Lounge Lizard
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 9458
- Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54
Job vacancy at a millitant run office.
Burslem ?
