ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Anyone transferred to parcelforce?

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Delivering_smiles
Posts: 1
Joined: 20 Feb 2017, 20:28
Gender: Female

Anyone transferred to parcelforce?

Post by Delivering_smiles »

Hi

as the topic says, i am looking for some advice on how to transfer over to parcel force.

Is there a way to do it internally? I would rather not go through my DOM if this is possible.

many thanks for your help.

Smiles :)
South_London_Postie
Posts: 306
Joined: 18 Nov 2016, 19:58
Gender: Male

Anyone transferred to parcelforce?

Post by South_London_Postie »

Hmmm how comes you want to transfer ? not sure how transferring internally to parcelforce would work. I haven't seen any vacancies on the success factors website for PF. I am sure someone will come along with more info! Wish you all the best
postiewhite
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 619
Joined: 23 Jul 2013, 18:38
Gender: Male

Anyone transferred to parcelforce?

Post by postiewhite »

I worked at Parcelforce before RM and unless you get your own round (which is probably unlikely) then it's a hard slog. Not sure if its the same across the board but the depot I worked at you were given 3 areas of the city so you tend to start the furthest away which could be 10 miles away and then work back to office. You normally have about 120 deliveries from about 8.30 am til 4pm, was not allowed to use a satnav but had to grab maps from the office then spend half an hour on a morning trying to sort a route whilst looking at your manifest of delivery addresses. If you don't know the areas or streets fairly well then it's mindblowing. After all that the next day they give you 3 different areas so you have to do it all over again. A lot of areas will include shops in precincts so you have to find out where to park and sometimes you have to walk around looking for a particular shop, bare in mind you need to average one delivery every 5 minutes if you want to finish on time. I did it for about 3 months over the winter when it was dark at 4 oclock and I was nearly in tears when I still had about 30 deliveries still on my van. Royal Mail is a piece of cake compared to Parcelforce unless you do get your own round.