ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Any one leaving soon
-
mjt120
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 53
- Joined: 26 Oct 2015, 18:49
- Gender: Male
Any one leaving soon
anyone thinking of leaving soon
-
ALADOU34
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1
- Joined: 26 Aug 2013, 20:54
- Gender: Male
Any one leaving soon
Already have mate best thing I ever done! 
-
Tman
- Posts: 4145
- Joined: 21 Oct 2007, 09:57
Any one leaving soon
Everyone's thinking of leaving soon....until they see the T&C's in the Big Wide World and harsh reality kicks back in.mjt120 wrote:anyone thinking of leaving soon
-
Altrider
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 81
- Joined: 12 Feb 2013, 17:29
- Gender: Male
Any one leaving soon
12 months ago today me and RM parted company.

-
daveyeff
- Posts: 4699
- Joined: 12 Mar 2010, 19:38
- Gender: Male
Any one leaving soon
must admit, filling shelves at Tesco or flipping burgers at Mcdonalds working in a garage or cutting grass for the council are a lot less appealing with s**t T&Cs. least the union got us those.Tman wrote:Everyone's thinking of leaving soon....until they see the T&C's in the Big Wide World and harsh reality kicks back in.mjt120 wrote:anyone thinking of leaving soon
-
Altrider
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 81
- Joined: 12 Feb 2013, 17:29
- Gender: Male
Any one leaving soon
True, but then I went from the real world to RM then back to the real world. I'm on same pay as RM , plus expenses now , better sick leave arrangements, better leave schedules - had seven days off over Christmas and no longer take pot-luck at the leave lotttery. OK, so no more overtime........ but no more silly o'clock starts, over-bearing linos and DIMS asking for the moon and the back, silly o'clock finishes after the stupid starts for an extra £30. If it's raining I no longer get soaked, if it's sunny I no longer get dehydrated and if it's snow I got out and p'tog it. My knees no longer hurt, my tendonitis has cleared up and the IT technology I work with now actually works. I miss my old oppos (still working in same patch so still see them around) - but don't miss the job.Tman wrote:Everyone's thinking of leaving soon....until they see the T&C's in the Big Wide World and harsh reality kicks back in.mjt120 wrote:anyone thinking of leaving soon
-
A2B
- Posts: 2029
- Joined: 25 Feb 2009, 19:34
- Gender: Male
Any one leaving soon
Hate the job some days but it's still the best one i've had
but not sure how much longer that's going to be the case 
-
Northblue82
- Posts: 26
- Joined: 28 Sep 2015, 19:01
- Gender: Male
Any one leaving soon
Have a few job applications in, so hopefully hear something from them and leave RM.
-
smok3y666
- Posts: 753
- Joined: 21 Dec 2008, 10:47
- Gender: Male
Any one leaving soon
Nearly 9 years with Parcelforce and wanted a change. 1 month with Royal Mail and already looking to leave, checking jobs websites daily. Just 1 balls up after the other.
-
spiffy
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 7
- Joined: 04 May 2015, 16:44
- Gender: Male
Any one leaving soon
I was 9 years as a courier with DHL/YODEL and also fancied a change and joined RM. I lasted 7 months and left for a delivery driver job with a healthcare company.
9-5pm, monday - friday (no saturdays) and for much better money. Never been happier.
YODEL may have a crap reputation but they are a far better company to work for with better conditions and better organisation. I found Royal Mail to be a shambles and I'm glad to be out of it.
9-5pm, monday - friday (no saturdays) and for much better money. Never been happier.
YODEL may have a crap reputation but they are a far better company to work for with better conditions and better organisation. I found Royal Mail to be a shambles and I'm glad to be out of it.
-
Morayman
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 8
- Joined: 30 Mar 2011, 14:19
- Gender: Male
Any one leaving soon
Leaving next month for SSE fitting smart meters.
-
malcolm3011
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 303
- Joined: 05 Aug 2010, 18:42
- Gender: Male
Any one leaving soon
Left RM nearly 2 years ago with VR, never been happier, feel more relaxed and healthy and no aching muscles, i will say i do miss the banter with my old work colleagues but keep in touch with a few of them to hear there moans and groans

-
buzzboy
- Posts: 27
- Joined: 13 Nov 2012, 10:44
- Gender: Male
Any one leaving soon
And still posting on here?!Altrider wrote:12 months ago today me and RM parted company.![]()
![]()
-
postman nel
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 122
- Joined: 24 Apr 2013, 15:31
- Gender: Male
Any one leaving soon
Left through IHR 4 years ago ... ..I'm now a supervisor with company car ,more pay ,Monday-Friday's ,pension ,sick pay ,holiday leave when I want,2 weeks off Christmas,no more back ,knee ,feet pain.,watch TV after 10pm ...the big bad world isn't as bad as its made out to be..however I do miss my free stamps thoughTman wrote:Everyone's thinking of leaving soon....until they see the T&C's in the Big Wide World and harsh reality kicks back in.mjt120 wrote:anyone thinking of leaving soon
-
daveyeff
- Posts: 4699
- Joined: 12 Mar 2010, 19:38
- Gender: Male
Any one leaving soon
everybody seems to say that when they get another job.....much better wages etc 