ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Holiday allowance
-
dohnut
- Posts: 658
- Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:15
- Gender: Male
Holiday allowance
I am close to 10 years 'service' and was wondering if you get any extra days of anuall leave?.
-
scorched
- Posts: 44
- Joined: 27 Apr 2011, 17:40
- Gender: Male
Holiday allowance
It goes up after 5 and 15 years I believe
-
UnhappyGremlin
- Posts: 2685
- Joined: 18 May 2012, 20:49
- Gender: Male
- Location: Hiding
Holiday allowance
No.
I believe we start with 4 weeks and 2 days.
You get an extra day at 5 years, to make 4 weeks and 3 days.
And at 15 years it goes up by 3 days to 5 weeks and 1 day.
At 20 years, it goes up to 6 weeks.
If your 'anniversary' is mid year, which for 99.99% of us it will be, then the first year of each increase will be pro rata.
I believe we start with 4 weeks and 2 days.
You get an extra day at 5 years, to make 4 weeks and 3 days.
And at 15 years it goes up by 3 days to 5 weeks and 1 day.
At 20 years, it goes up to 6 weeks.
If your 'anniversary' is mid year, which for 99.99% of us it will be, then the first year of each increase will be pro rata.
Sometimes, I wish I wasn't a Rep.
-
visigoth
- Posts: 105
- Joined: 22 Oct 2009, 00:07
- Gender: Male
Holiday allowance
I hit 15 years in January 2018*. I already purchase 6 weeks per year. Will my weekly pay abatement reduce in 17/18, or (not until) 18/19? TIAUnhappyGremlin wrote:No.
I believe we start with 4 weeks and 2 days.
You get an extra day at 5 years, to make 4 weeks and 3 days.
And at 15 years it goes up by 3 days to 5 weeks and 1 day.
At 20 years, it goes up to 6 weeks.
If your 'anniversary' is mid year, which for 99.99% of us it will be, then the first year of each increase will be pro rata.
*assuming the company still exists
-
UnhappyGremlin
- Posts: 2685
- Joined: 18 May 2012, 20:49
- Gender: Male
- Location: Hiding
Holiday allowance
Yes.
You will pay less as you are only purchasing 4 days instead of 7.
You will pay less as you are only purchasing 4 days instead of 7.
Sometimes, I wish I wasn't a Rep.
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72733
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Holiday allowance
This image shows the leave entitlements without POAL.
At the bottom it describes what happens in the year your entitlement changes.
http://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/community/download/file.php?id=8582&mode=view
At the bottom it describes what happens in the year your entitlement changes.
http://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/community/download/file.php?id=8582&mode=view
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
visigoth
- Posts: 105
- Joined: 22 Oct 2009, 00:07
- Gender: Male
Holiday allowance
If I read that right I'll be buying 6.5 days until Jan, then 4 days till end of March. I'll keep my eyes peeled for an abatement reduction this April, cheers guys.
-
claretandblue
- Posts: 914
- Joined: 01 Aug 2007, 12:14
Holiday allowance
I hit 20 years in december, so pro rota i should get an extra 2 days this year ?
-
visigoth
- Posts: 105
- Joined: 22 Oct 2009, 00:07
- Gender: Male
Holiday allowance
For 3-4 months at the new entitlement, an extra day would seem more likely.