Can somebody tell me what the Royal Mail policy is with regards to a career break.
Thank you
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
career break
-
rehabron
- Posts: 1372
- Joined: 01 Jul 2012, 18:43
- Gender: Male
career break
http://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communit ... php?id=482" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
-
Dorset Plodder
- Posts: 4351
- Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
- Gender: Male
career break
Fancy wanting a break from this wonderful career!
I don't actually class this as a career........just a job, as there's no way of moving up any sort of promotion ladder and earning a better wage. It does have a good pension though...... Oh wait a minute..... 
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
-
Archimedes1989
- Posts: 8
- Joined: 15 Jan 2017, 09:45
- Gender: Male
career break
Surely there are opportunities to progress into more senior roles if you want them and show willingDorset Plodder wrote:Fancy wanting a break from this wonderful career!I don't actually class this as a career........just a job, as there's no way of moving up any sort of promotion ladder and earning a better wage. It does have a good pension though...... Oh wait a minute.....
I bet there are plenty in the managerial structure who started off as posties
-
Dorset Plodder
- Posts: 4351
- Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
- Gender: Male
career break
I think quite a few people come into Royal Mail from other industries where it is possible to do a few courses and perhaps get a promotion. They're used to expecting a jump up a pay grade, and perhaps get a new Job Title!Archimedes1989 wrote:Surely there are opportunities to progress into more senior roles if you want them and show willingDorset Plodder wrote:Fancy wanting a break from this wonderful career!I don't actually class this as a career........just a job, as there's no way of moving up any sort of promotion ladder and earning a better wage. It does have a good pension though...... Oh wait a minute.....
I bet there are plenty in the managerial structure who started off as posties
As you say you could try Management... But in this company I personally wouldn't bother. Delivery Office Managers are no more than "Team Leaders", they have very little Independent Authority and merely Kow Tow to their Immediate Boss. Most seem totally paranoid about their Budgets & their Bonuses. I've met a few Good Ones who tried to sort their Offices out, but they're normally moved on because they can't carve enough unrealistic savings from their DOs. Normally to replaced with some Asshole Bully that's been kicked out of another DO, after totally Cocking it up and demoralising all his staff!
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)