ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Signing for a duty
-
stephen.cal87
- Posts: 72
- Joined: 19 May 2016, 12:59
- Gender: Male
Signing for a duty
Can I sign for a full time duty if my contract is only 30 hours?
-
paul1231
- Posts: 112
- Joined: 10 Mar 2014, 22:20
- Gender: Male
Signing for a duty
Ive held one for a year now and I'm still on a 25hour contractstephen.cal87 wrote:Can I sign for a full time duty if my contract is only 30 hours?
-
Creditshampoo
- Posts: 1189
- Joined: 06 Oct 2014, 19:48
- Gender: Male
Signing for a duty
1. Yes, but you'll only get it if you're the most senior applicant.paul1231 wrote:Ive held one for a year now and I'm still on a 25hour contractstephen.cal87 wrote:Can I sign for a full time duty if my contract is only 30 hours?
2. Get your contract increased then.
-
stephen.cal87
- Posts: 72
- Joined: 19 May 2016, 12:59
- Gender: Male
Signing for a duty
Thanks for the replies. Knew I was being fed BS as usual.
-
rehabron
- Posts: 1372
- Joined: 01 Jul 2012, 18:43
- Gender: Male
Signing for a duty
Totally agree with " Creditshampoo" on (2). You are exactly what RM are looking for completing F/T duty on less contracted hours which will effect your holiday pay entitlement and should their be a downturn in traffic volumes you can easily be returned to your contracted hours. Get your contract substantiated to full time hours pronto.Creditshampoo wrote:1. Yes, but you'll only get it if you're the most senior applicant.paul1231 wrote:Ive held one for a year now and I'm still on a 25hour contractstephen.cal87 wrote:Can I sign for a full time duty if my contract is only 30 hours?
2. Get your contract increased then.
-
daveyeff
- Posts: 4699
- Joined: 12 Mar 2010, 19:38
- Gender: Male
Signing for a duty
not necessarily on seniority though. you might get it if no one else puts in for it or doesn't want it etc
-
Creditshampoo
- Posts: 1189
- Joined: 06 Oct 2014, 19:48
- Gender: Male
Signing for a duty
Which is senioritydaveyeff wrote:not necessarily on seniority though. you might get it if no one else puts in for it or doesn't want it etc
-
Creditshampoo
- Posts: 1189
- Joined: 06 Oct 2014, 19:48
- Gender: Male
Signing for a duty
Which is senioritydaveyeff wrote:not necessarily on seniority though. you might get it if no one else puts in for it or doesn't want it etc
-
stephen.cal87
- Posts: 72
- Joined: 19 May 2016, 12:59
- Gender: Male
Signing for a duty
Most of the senior members above me have already signed for duties. There are afew vacant and have been for some time now but thats another matter entirely! Apparenlty the vacant duties will be put up for signing "soon". I can see this whole revision talk messing things up however.
-
scorched
- Posts: 44
- Joined: 27 Apr 2011, 17:40
- Gender: Male
Signing for a duty
There was a list of vacant duties advertised in our office, there was a full time float and I was the only one who applied for it. I am 30 hours and the duty I applied for is 39 hours. That was 3 months ago and they are still arguing about whether to give me the duty, let alone increase my hours. Same goes for all the 30 hour people who applied for 34 hour vancancies. Where do we stand? Do they have to give us the duties and increased contract due to some kind of CWU agreement or can they just do what they like? I'm getting pissed off with it all, I feel like I have had a full time contract stolen from me.
-
rehabron
- Posts: 1372
- Joined: 01 Jul 2012, 18:43
- Gender: Male
Signing for a duty
The F/T floating duty was advertised giving in the advertisement a time period to allow colleagues on sick or A/L the opportunity to apply for this post the result being that you was the only applicant and was successful so what is the argument about you having this duty ? This duty requires 39 hours and therefore your contract of employment should be aligned for this duty. Either you or your cwu rep need to inform your manager to contact HR Sheffield for a new contract to be issued. To increase the pressure put this request in writing to your manager with a copy to cwu rep and ask for a written reply.scorched wrote:There was a list of vacant duties advertised in our office, there was a full time float and I was the only one who applied for it. I am 30 hours and the duty I applied for is 39 hours. That was 3 months ago and they are still arguing about whether to give me the duty, let alone increase my hours. Same goes for all the 30 hour people who applied for 34 hour vancancies. Where do we stand? Do they have to give us the duties and increased contract due to some kind of CWU agreement or can they just do what they like? I'm getting pissed off with it all, I feel like I have had a full time contract stolen from me.
-
daveyeff
- Posts: 4699
- Joined: 12 Mar 2010, 19:38
- Gender: Male
Signing for a duty
no it isn't... if he gets it because no-one else wants it, he's not the most senior person is he.Creditshampoo wrote:Which is senioritydaveyeff wrote:not necessarily on seniority though. you might get it if no one else puts in for it or doesn't want it etc
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72733
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Signing for a duty
daveyeff wrote:no it isn't... if he gets it because no-one else wants it, he's not the most senior person is he.Creditshampoo wrote:Which is senioritydaveyeff wrote:not necessarily on seniority though. you might get it if no one else puts in for it or doesn't want it etc
He is if he is the only 1 who applies for it. The duty should be given to the most senior of the applicants.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
scorched
- Posts: 44
- Joined: 27 Apr 2011, 17:40
- Gender: Male
Signing for a duty
Thanks for the reply!rehabron wrote:The F/T floating duty was advertised giving in the advertisement a time period to allow colleagues on sick or A/L the opportunity to apply for this post the result being that you was the only applicant and was successful so what is the argument about you having this duty ? This duty requires 39 hours and therefore your contract of employment should be aligned for this duty. Either you or your cwu rep need to inform your manager to contact HR Sheffield for a new contract to be issued. To increase the pressure put this request in writing to your manager with a copy to cwu rep and ask for a written reply.scorched wrote:There was a list of vacant duties advertised in our office, there was a full time float and I was the only one who applied for it. I am 30 hours and the duty I applied for is 39 hours. That was 3 months ago and they are still arguing about whether to give me the duty, let alone increase my hours. Same goes for all the 30 hour people who applied for 34 hour vancancies. Where do we stand? Do they have to give us the duties and increased contract due to some kind of CWU agreement or can they just do what they like? I'm getting pissed off with it all, I feel like I have had a full time contract stolen from me.
Their argument is that there are too many full time staff in our office... then how was there a vacancy? Unfortunately it's even more up in the air now since the DOM was sacked just before Christmas. When he is replaced I will definitely do what you said, thanks.
-
daveyeff
- Posts: 4699
- Joined: 12 Mar 2010, 19:38
- Gender: Male
Signing for a duty
the DOM was sacked! why?