ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

KEYHOLDER FEE / PAYMENT?

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
ewen1956
Posts: 59
Joined: 09 Sep 2007, 11:18

KEYHOLDER FEE / PAYMENT?

Post by ewen1956 »

Quick Question,
Is there a set Fee / Payment for a key holder being called in to open gates, depot for some unexpected event after his / her working hours .
doorstepped
Posts: 1063
Joined: 10 Oct 2011, 23:17
Gender: Male
Location: Somewhere west of London

KEYHOLDER FEE / PAYMENT?

Post by doorstepped »

you will receive a minimum payment of 2 hours OT for each call out you have to attend for Alarms going off etc.

there is no weekly payment for being a key holder as far as I am aware
ewen1956
Posts: 59
Joined: 09 Sep 2007, 11:18

KEYHOLDER FEE / PAYMENT?

Post by ewen1956 »

thanks for the reply, the "incident" was that a Postie was locked out of the depot, the Postie had been delivering a double delivery and was late back, how he was not accounted for I don't know....unbelievable!!
doorstepped
Posts: 1063
Joined: 10 Oct 2011, 23:17
Gender: Male
Location: Somewhere west of London

KEYHOLDER FEE / PAYMENT?

Post by doorstepped »

been in that predicament myself, I work in the callers and will always wait for the last man back ( unless they have said they will be ok ) poor management by sound of it.

you should receive the payment for this as the manager has messed up big time.
Dorset Plodder
Posts: 4351
Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
Gender: Male

KEYHOLDER FEE / PAYMENT?

Post by Dorset Plodder »

I came back to a Delivery Office that I'd been sent to help out. It was a Saturday and when I rode up to the gates (Old School Push Bike Era) they were locked and EVERYONE had buggered off! :sad: I thought Cheers Lads Thanks a Lot..... Threw the bike over the gate, threw the mail bags (Empty) after it and knocked off. Never heard a word about it. :cuppa
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)