ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Greedy Posties

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Kings Norton
Posts: 320
Joined: 20 Nov 2012, 17:20
Gender: Male

Greedy Posties

Post by Kings Norton »

I cannot believe the amount of greedy posties in my office the last few days complaining about what they have not got from Royal Mail. If you are a full timer at Royal Mail and in the union as far as I am concerned we got £200 Bonus in our wages we also received a full book of stamps probably valued at £35 or there abouts yet they still complain that's not enough? Hey guys some firms out there won't give you the shake of their hand so you don't know how lucky you are. I think RM look after you alright but there is moaning guys/gals who still want more. Merry Christmas happy as could be with my bonus..
Lounge Lizard
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 9458
Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54

Greedy Posties

Post by Lounge Lizard »

And some whinge that they've not had much in tips, but they're the door stepping ones who don't deserve much in tips. :cuppa
Pompey Boy
Posts: 428
Joined: 14 Jul 2009, 22:30
Gender: Male

Greedy Posties

Post by Pompey Boy »

Kings Norton wrote:I cannot believe the amount of greedy posties in my office the last few days complaining about what they have not got from Royal Mail. If you are a full timer at Royal Mail and in the union as far as I am concerned we got £200 Bonus in our wages we also received a full book of stamps probably valued at £35 or there abouts yet they still complain that's not enough? Hey guys some firms out there won't give you the shake of their hand so you don't know how lucky you are. I think RM look after you alright but there is moaning guys/gals who still want more. Merry Christmas happy as could be with my bonus..
This is the problem in RM now. Whether it's with the things you mention, car leasing, travel expenses with a move to a new office etc, RM are bribing people into thinking they have a good deal. Personally I don't and I would prefer good working conditions, realistic workload and reasonable guvnors to the bribes.
How much worse can it get? A LOT F****** WORSE !!!
koolishy67
Posts: 665
Joined: 04 Nov 2010, 21:02
Gender: Male

Greedy Posties

Post by koolishy67 »

Worked for city link 2 years, than dpd Xmas casual, out of job 2 months and finally with royal mail from last 5 years I can say royal mail is the best place to work for a labour job , people working in royal mail last 20-40 years they don't know how the worse conditions outside is.
DB1100
Posts: 1976
Joined: 10 Sep 2007, 14:30

Greedy Posties

Post by DB1100 »

It's certainly better than being a class 1 HGV driver on long distance that's for sure.
For we were soldiers once,and young
deltaforce
Posts: 778
Joined: 01 Jan 2009, 15:29
Gender: Male

Greedy Posties

Post by deltaforce »

Just remember that all these things were not gifted to you, stamps excluded. They were negotiated over many years because we have union representation and not because our employers are great benefactors.
centenaryman
Posts: 512
Joined: 12 Jan 2010, 20:31
Gender: Male

Greedy Posties

Post by centenaryman »

Ive had other jobs,,,,,bus driving for nearly 20 years being 1,,,,and I remember 1 year they gave us a £10 m&s gift card and another year a £5 coin but that was it in the 20 years.

I came here and then it was stamps and £100 jees I couldn't believe it.......granted now £200 cos them rip of shares years back but I`m more than happy with that.

The mrs works in a school....shes never got a bonus....not many jobs pay an xmas bonus,,,,,but yeah lads in the office moan that were badly done to.....my personal believe is we do well at xmas
Kings Norton
Posts: 320
Joined: 20 Nov 2012, 17:20
Gender: Male

Greedy Posties

Post by Kings Norton »

Even our D.O.M went out and bought a Christmas breakfast last few days and the day after for those that was off on the day they still moaned at that about they were on barm cakes or baps instead of bread plus no brown sauce, you just cannot please some people!!
Nigel1505
Posts: 409
Joined: 10 Jun 2010, 08:24
Gender: Male

Greedy Posties

Post by Nigel1505 »

Agree with most of the above, we do get a decent bonus at xmas, but not a thank you from our DIM over the xmas pressure, got back yesterday at 11.30 ,early I know, light day thank goodness, DIM already gone. It makes me wonder why RM employ some of these, but then the pay they get is dismal, the training they have is minimal, all you have to do is state an interest and you are a manager. I know this is correct because I know two colleagues who have been through the process. :arrrghhh
Judgee
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 2262
Joined: 23 Oct 2007, 15:18

Greedy Posties

Post by Judgee »

Kings Norton wrote:I cannot believe the amount of greedy posties in my office the last few days complaining about what they have not got from Royal Mail. If you are a full timer at Royal Mail and in the union as far as I am concerned we got £200 Bonus in our wages we also received a full book of stamps probably valued at £35 or there abouts yet they still complain that's not enough? Hey guys some firms out there won't give you the shake of their hand so you don't know how lucky you are. I think RM look after you alright but there is moaning guys/gals who still want more. Merry Christmas happy as could be with my bonus..

Good for you if you think working for RM is great just because they don't beat us quite as hard as some of the other bosses out there! :crazy: :d'oh! :roll:

Yes it's better than some jobs out there it is also a lot worse than other jobs out there. RM treat us like donkeys most of the time with bullying and harassment rife throughout the business. If you think £235 a year before tax makes up for that then you are very easily pleased! :speak to the hand
Union what Union? Do we have a union?
Tman
Posts: 4145
Joined: 21 Oct 2007, 09:57

Greedy Posties

Post by Tman »

[quote="Judgee0es it's better than some jobs out there it is also a lot worse than other jobs out there. [/quote]

Such as?
Kings Norton
Posts: 320
Joined: 20 Nov 2012, 17:20
Gender: Male

Greedy Posties

Post by Kings Norton »

Judgee wrote:
Kings Norton wrote:I cannot believe the amount of greedy posties in my office the last few days complaining about what they have not got from Royal Mail. If you are a full timer at Royal Mail and in the union as far as I am concerned we got £200 Bonus in our wages we also received a full book of stamps probably valued at £35 or there abouts yet they still complain that's not enough? Hey guys some firms out there won't give you the shake of their hand so you don't know how lucky you are. I think RM look after you alright but there is moaning guys/gals who still want more. Merry Christmas happy as could be with my bonus..

Good for you if you think working for RM is great just because they don't beat us quite as hard as some of the other bosses out there! :crazy: :d'oh! :roll:

Yes it's better than some jobs out there it is also a lot worse than other jobs out there. RM treat us like donkeys most of the time with bullying and harassment rife throughout the business. If you think £235 a year before tax makes up for that then you are very easily pleased! :speak to the hand
If they treat you like a donkey and bully you then stand up up for yourself its only you that can put them in their place, i have had bosses that tried it but when i let loose they soon do one... Stand up and be counted lad!
Judgee
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 2262
Joined: 23 Oct 2007, 15:18

Greedy Posties

Post by Judgee »

They don't bully me KN few have tried and all have failed, but I have seen them bully many others and from these boards it's clear to see it's nation wide! :cuppa
Union what Union? Do we have a union?
Judgee
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 2262
Joined: 23 Oct 2007, 15:18

Greedy Posties

Post by Judgee »

Tman wrote:[quote="Judgee0es it's better than some jobs out there it is also a lot worse than other jobs out there.
Such as?[/quote]

Seriously??? Go look ffs I am not a bloody recruitment agency! :roll:

I could give you a list of my career history prior to RM but I really cannot be bothered!
Union what Union? Do we have a union?
Tman
Posts: 4145
Joined: 21 Oct 2007, 09:57

Greedy Posties

Post by Tman »

Just two or three examples will do. Won't take you long to post.