ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Annual leave purchase.

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
BingBong
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 755
Joined: 12 May 2011, 12:36
Gender: Female
Location: the north

Annual leave purchase.

Post by BingBong »

Morning all! Quick question. I've purchased 2 extra weeks annual leave for a few years now but this year with a new DOM trying to book those extra 2 weeks is becoming a nightmare. Manager avoiding the question when asked about it etc etc. I'm not prepared to carry any over especially as I'm paying for it. Have begun to fill out a grievance form. Can anyone else give me any advice on this and where I stand with annual leave purchase? Thanks.
Toon Army!
peshwaarinaan
Posts: 381
Joined: 29 May 2015, 11:35
Gender: Female

Annual leave purchase.

Post by peshwaarinaan »

I just went through the weeks that were still available and booked mine that way.
UnhappyGremlin
Posts: 2685
Joined: 18 May 2012, 20:49
Gender: Male
Location: Hiding

Annual leave purchase.

Post by UnhappyGremlin »

In my unit, ALL Annual Leave is picked in accordance with our agreement.

You may very well have to file the grievance to get anywhere.
Email Moya if necessary.
Sometimes, I wish I wasn't a Rep.